Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Do I REALLY need another?? Sincere Question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Psychbiker
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 1671

    Do I REALLY need another?? Sincere Question.

    Uncle Sam made a special delivery and I was able to find a deal on a Sig 1911 Tacops, my first 45, I'm stoked and will get it in a week.

    My question is.... Do I REALLY need a a Sig P220? Being in Cali I can't carry it...yet.

    Made the mistake of holding one and really liked it. The long first pull sucks but overall a very nice gun.

    I want to add a semi auto 20ga but 12ga would be fine for trap and security, a target 22 for steel matches in the summer, and a 45 in the sig p220/Fnp 45 size. The 1911 Sig I just got will be for IDPA matches.

    What model steel match 22 should I be looking into?

    Thanks
  • #2
    Neptune
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 1165

    The Sig 1911 is pretty sweet, as is the P220, but I'm pretty sure that given the option, you'd carry the 1911.

    If anything, I'd use the 1911 for awhile before dropping coin on a P220. You might have to sell it otherwise to pick up a second 1911. It's easier to just buy two 1911's to begin with. Yes, they are that awesome...



    __
    sigpic
    I don't think it's nice,...you laughing.
    You see, my mule don't like people laughing.
    He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.
    Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to,
    I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

    Comment

    • #3
      keenkeen
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2011
      • 6782

      Originally posted by Neptune
      The Sig 1911 is pretty sweet, as is the P220, but I'm pretty sure that given the option, you'd carry the 1911.

      If anything, I'd use the 1911 for awhile before dropping coin on a P220. You might have to sell it otherwise to pick up a second 1911. It's easier to just buy two 1911's to begin with. Yes, they are that awesome...



      __
      Very well put...you saved me from having to post the same.

      "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

      Comment

      • #4
        voiceofreason
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 3785

        Originally posted by Psychbiker
        My question is.... Do I REALLY need a a Sig P220? The long first pull sucks but overall a very nice gun.
        You just answered your own ?.

        P220 is a great gun BTW. 1911s will spoil you with their wonderful triggers, make sure it's reliable if it's used for serious social purposes.
        "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
        John Quincy Adams

        "You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
        voiceofreason

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1