Can I sell a M1 carbine barreled receiver person to person or does it have to go thru the usual DOJ PPT process?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
M1 carbine barreled rec.
Collapse
X
-
The reciever is the serialized firearm, so I would say yes. Its just like buying an AR lower.
Although since it is a long gun, if it is over 50 years old, you can skip the PPT process.
I dont know that because it's not in orginal condition it doesnt qualify for Fed C&R status... Or if that has any bearing on CA law on the matter
Confused yet?
In CA (for now) you can sell a long gun that is over 50 years old cash and carry no PPT, so take that for what its worth. I dont recall if it needs to meet federal C&R status, as in not modified and complete.Last edited by SanPedroShooter; 03-24-2012, 5:19 PM.
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,330
Posts: 25,146,883
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28173 users online. 39 members and 28134 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment