Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

preban mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XeroSasEnchros
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 77

    preban mags

    I have a quick question.

    When I was about 7 (around 1995) My uncle gave me a few 20rnd usgi magazines to play with (I like to play Army man ). Well I've had them disassembled since I've known about the law.

    I've had them before the ban but I was 12 when the ban was instated.

    My question is

    Would it be ok for me to shoot them or should I just keep them disassembled?
    He that lives upon HOPE will die Fasting.-Benjamin Franklin
  • #2
    CAL.BAR
    CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
    • Nov 2007
    • 5632

    Well, it's as good an alibi as any I've heard around here. (really? giving fully operational mags to a 7 yr old huh) Ok I'll bite. Sure keep them. Just remember (if they are rifle mags) you can't use them in that brand new AR rig you built in your garage unless it's featureless. And, yes, the State has the burden of proving when you acquired them, but that's only AFTER you've been arrested and posted bail. Act accordingly.

    Comment

    • #3
      thai562
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 1199

      Yes you can use them. But not on anything with a pistol grip or and flash suppressor.

      Comment

      • #4
        Baconator
        Bacon makes it better
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2009
        • 9547

        good one.

        Comment

        • #5
          XeroSasEnchros
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 77

          Well it seems like a thin line. I'll just stick with 10 rounders not worth the trouble.


          Whats so weird about giving a 7 year old mags?

          Already had the cami's and alice packs.
          He that lives upon HOPE will die Fasting.-Benjamin Franklin

          Comment

          • #6
            porky
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 659

            Pics of said child with preban mags etc., please.

            No? That was what I thought.

            Feel free to prove us all wrong.

            Comment

            • #7
              Baconator
              Bacon makes it better
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jan 2009
              • 9547

              Originally posted by XeroSasEnchros
              Well it seems like a thin line. I'll just stick with 10 rounders not worth the trouble.


              Whats so weird about giving a 7 year old mags?

              Already had the cami's and alice packs.
              there's no trouble, and as long as you don't use them in an illegal configuration I doubt it would be a problem.

              Just funny that some people, but not you, come here to establish an alibi for where they got their high capacity mags.

              Comment

              • #8
                XeroSasEnchros
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 77

                Originally posted by Baconator
                there's no trouble, and as long as you don't use them in an illegal configuration I doubt it would be a problem.

                Just funny that some people, but not you, come here to establish an alibi for where they got their high capacity mags.
                Gotcha not to concerned about expressing my alibi for being able to own high caps to a bunch of strangers on a website.

                Just wanted to know some opinions on the legal ramifications.

                Thanks for the input guys.


                EDIT. For spelling.
                Last edited by XeroSasEnchros; 03-20-2012, 4:04 PM. Reason: EDIT. For spelling.
                He that lives upon HOPE will die Fasting.-Benjamin Franklin

                Comment

                • #9
                  XeroSasEnchros
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 77

                  Originally posted by porky
                  Pics of said child with preban mags etc., please.

                  No? That was what I thought.

                  Feel free to prove us all wrong.
                  Let me get on that chief.
                  He that lives upon HOPE will die Fasting.-Benjamin Franklin

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DJ Skillz
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 1255

                    My dad bought me a 15-round Glock mag and a 30-round AK mag to play with when I was 10 years old. Unfortunately, I don't have them anymore. They were stolen out of our garage.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      alfred1222
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 7331

                      you can use them on a featureless build. you can NOT use them on any gun that has a bullet button and so called "evil features"
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      This guy is a complete and total idiot.
                      /thread.

                      ΦΑ

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        XeroSasEnchros
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 77

                        Thanks Alfred that's what's I was looking for.

                        I have no featureless builds. So I'll just keep them dissembled.
                        He that lives upon HOPE will die Fasting.-Benjamin Franklin

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CHS
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 11338

                          Why and when did you disassemble them?

                          It does seem strange that someone who doesn't even know the law went around and disassembled them to attempt compliance with the law. How would you have known that disassembling them would have exempted them from the law if you didn't know the law to begin with?
                          Please read the Calguns Wiki
                          Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
                          --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            paul0660
                            In Memoriam
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 15669

                            Originally posted by CHS
                            Why and when did you disassemble them?

                            It does seem strange that someone who doesn't even know the law went around and disassembled them to attempt compliance with the law. How would you have known that disassembling them would have exempted them from the law if you didn't know the law to begin with?
                            Stop making sense.
                            *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bohoki
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 20826

                              when i was 12 i had a fake grenade and a belt of linked fired .308 i watched gi joe every day

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1