Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Your most used gun? :D

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    elsolo
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 4798

    My first CZ-75b that I use for IPSC and steel matches since the 90's. It has over 100k rounds through it and is still my favorite for matches. It has broken several small parts: 3 rear sights, hammer pivot pin, 6 slidestops, lots of springs replaced, two hammers and sears, extractor.
    The barrel has very little rifling left in the first half but it still shoots good enough to hit the A-zone at 50 yards.
    Last edited by elsolo; 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM.

    Comment

    • #62
      stix213
      AKA: Joe Censored
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Apr 2009
      • 19002

      Saiga 7.62x39 - It should have about 4500 rounds through it. I always bring it out last because its my favorite. Occasionally I give a bumpfire demo

      Comment

      • #63
        resident-shooter
        Banned
        • Sep 2009
        • 2777

        Originally posted by elsolo
        My first CZ-75b that I use for IPSC and steel matches since the 90's. It has over 100k rounds through it and is still my favorite for matches. It has broken several small parts: 3 rear sights, hammer pivot pin, 6 slidestops, lots of springs replaced, two hammers and sears.
        The barrel has very little rifling left in the first half but it still shoots good enough to hit the A-zone at 50 yards.
        niiiiice. How often did u replace springs? When did u know it was time?

        Comment

        • #64
          Beatone
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 4053

          My Russian krink 5.45, Colt AR 15, Glock 17 RTF.
          sigpicNRA Life Member

          Comment

          • #65
            mkkeele
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 728

            My HK USP .45
            "This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation had full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future." - Adolf Hitler

            "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
            - Unknown

            Comment

            • #66
              FullAuto
              • Jan 2010
              • 5746

              Saiga 7.62X39, bought it back in 1999 when it still said Kalashnikov on the rifle and it's my oldest firearm and have probably put 20k rounds down the pipe. Still looks like the day I bought it and functions flawlessly..........man I love that rifle.
              "THIS IS BAT COUNTRY"
              "THE DREAMS OF YOUTH ARE THE REGRETS OF MATURITY"
              "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PARANOID, DON'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT AFTER YOU"







              upload images

              Comment

              • #67
                Capybara
                CGSSA Coordinator
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2012
                • 15650

                How does one acquire a Beretta Neos in California? Off roster and I don't know of anyone who SSE's 22s?

                Originally posted by Turo
                By number of rounds, my Beretta Neos probably takes the cake, but my Glock 27 is catching up. I take it on every range trip now that I'm reloading .40S&W.
                NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #68
                  resident-shooter
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 2777

                  Originally posted by Capybara
                  How does one acquire a Beretta Neos in California? Off roster and I don't know of anyone who SSE's 22s?
                  Guns can be on the roster one year but not the other

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    elsolo
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 4798

                    Originally posted by resident-shooter
                    niiiiice. How often did u replace springs? When did u know it was time?
                    Once a year, more or less.

                    It's the mag springs that noticeably wear out; running extended baseplates, cramming 20 rds in them, load and unload 6 times per match. I use Wolff Caspian mag springs trimmed to 10 coils. When I need to replace those, I go ahead and get a new recoil and mainspring too.

                    I replaced all the little springs in the fire control group once or twice just because I was in there, never broke one or had an issue, just preventive maintenance. cheap insurance for peace of mind

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      pyromensch
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 6881

                      Originally posted by Jeepers


                      so, in real words, (family friendly of course), what are you saying? you take your favorite "gun" to shoot at the range?

                      not always the range, but my first, a j.c.penney, (made by marlin), bolt action 22, short, long,(anyone have any long ammo?), long rifle
                      That may be a CG first!



                      Spyder

                      "You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        CA Cowboy
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 660

                        .38 reloads in my Ruger GP100.
                        Yes I am a proud New Orleans Saints fan.I think they need to call in a "Bounty" hit on Roger Goodell.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          resident-shooter
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 2777

                          Originally posted by elsolo
                          Once a year, more or less.

                          It's the mag springs that noticeably wear out; running extended baseplates, cramming 20 rds in them, load and unload 6 times per match. I use Wolff Caspian mag springs trimmed to 10 coils. When I need to replace those, I go ahead and get a new recoil and mainspring too.

                          I replaced all the little springs in the fire control group once or twice just because I was in there, never broke one or had an issue, just preventive maintenance. cheap insurance for peace of mind
                          hmmmm. Interesting

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            CDFingers
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 1852

                            Very used rifle from 1896:



                            CDFingers

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              resident-shooter
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 2777

                              1895*

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Paper Boy
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 5666

                                I have a Smith & Wesson 22A that goes on every trip just to keep me in the practice of shooting pistol, even if I am just going for a rifle range day. No idea how many rounds through it but I have burned through an entire 550 box in one day on numerous occasions...

                                Since I bought my Howa Axiom in .223 it has never stayed home. With handloads it is ungodly accurate and smooth.

                                Everything else just kinda cycles through range trips.
                                Last edited by Paper Boy; 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM.
                                Youtube reviews https://bit.ly/2V3WchY
                                https://hooksandammo.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1