He may have not had the right weapons for defending himself but he seemed pretty freaked out when he was in the bank so most likely his mind was in panic mode and he didn't think about using the right weapon for the job. He probably lost all his training to when he started losing his mind from being alone. This is all just my opinion though.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
"I Am Legend" movie
Collapse
X
-
-
Comment
-
What are you on?Originally posted by phbiggsIts a movie made in (anti-gun) hollywierd. They know or care about the gun play. Their stupidity and lack of knowledge is evident in the Last Bourne movie. In one science he is holding a clock to the doctors head, one science later he is now holding a Sig 22x series.Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/
Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.Comment
-
Maybe he has a lisp and some speech-to-text program?Comment
-
-
sigpic
**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****
Comment
-
Working in "the biz", I can tell you that screen writers, Directors and Producers rarely know s**t from shinola. Some are carefull to make things as real as possible and some could care less. The audience doesn't seem to care either. As far as guns go, we have all seen "flaws" with how, why, where, etc. but just image that lack of detail extends to everything (ie. If you are a doctor or clinical scientist, you probably have lots of problems with the way the medical scenes were portrayed.) In Hollywood, we call it poetic license. Time contraints and simplicity of story override reality.
That being said:
Why didn't he have at least one sidearm at all time on his body?
Why didn't he build (or live in a place with) a bunker that was zombie proof?
Why didn't the zombies hear the generators or where did the exaust fumes go if they were inside the house?
Why wasn't his first question to the woman, "Was it still dark when we got back to my house?"
How come the zombies could defy gravity?
Why didn't he take a long (100-300+ yd) shot at the deer?
If he's so worried about cleaning his scent before he enters his house, wouldn't the zombies smell the fresh deer meat in his house, car, clothes, etc.? Or would he BBQ elsewhere? LOL!
etc, etc. etc.
Just a movie......Comment
-
Well, he planned on eating mice thats why he choose a mouse gun as his overall rifle. They looked like little deer in the trailer maybe. If he choose a FAL or M1A there would be 300 yd+ shots. But then the movie plot would suffer and so would the AR type salesWhy didn't he take 300 yd+ shots at the deer?I have neither the inclination or the time to relieve people of the regional and ethnic handicaps that they inherited from their ancestors.
You should banish any thoughts of how you may appear to others.
Marcus Aurelius
"I won't be wronged, I wont be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
the "Duke" in the shootistComment
-
Read the book. It's got a much better story.Comment
-
Did anyone else catch the line when Will Smith's daughter says "Mommy that man has a gun" and the Wife replies "It's ok sweetie, he's in the Army like daddy".
It really stuck out to me, especially being towards the beginning of the movie and before any shooting scenes. I wonder if there was political agenda behind that or if it just got written into the script with out much thought.Comment
-
+1 on the generators inside. I was like "OMFG HE'S GOING TO ASPHYXIATE!" (but then I laughed because I realized it was a movie
)
This is really all the antis have? I suppose they expected the second amendment to list full names and social security numbers!Originally posted by JaggerThe words "right" and "people" are ambiguous, dude. Furthermore, the ambiguity was probably intentional.
Comment
-
I gotta get this off my chest before I get mad. I almost couldn't enjoy the movie anymore after the mag ran empty in the M4 he was carrying. None of my guns except for my 686 can do that. That "click, click, click" was irritating beyond all else.
I did like the weapons closet and even though he did have what appeared to be a scout M14 in a Sage I believe his choice in an M4 was justifiable. Much more compact. Anyone else notice he did not have any sort of BUIS? It did not look as if he could co-witness at all or have any sort of BUIS on the acog.Comment
-
because drive bying a deer is probably more funComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,808
Posts: 25,151,837
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19110 users online. 32 members and 19078 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment