Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wish I could have a ccw here

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • KracknCorn
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 785

    Wish I could have a ccw here

    I just had a attempted robbery happen to me a block away from my house. I was walking on the street when this car pulls up right next to me. Didn't think to much about it because I thought it was the people that lived in the house near me. The guys walk out and I'm not thinking to much about it, then one of the guys punches me in the head. Then the other guy starts to punch at me and I'm so confused on what was happening. I thought they thought I was from a rival gang or something. Than I start fighting back and one of the guys runs back to the car. Than its just me and one of the guys and we go into the street. He than says, "Give me all your ****, give your money. I have a gun and I will shoot you." Thinking in my head, if this guy had a gun, he would've already pulled it on me. Than I stand my ground to fight him and I'm trying to get to him, but than he just runs away. He runs so fast away that he trips. I do something stupid and chase after him because I'm pissed off. As I get near him the other guys jump out of the car and they come after me. Knowing I can't handle three guys coming from two different directions, I run. Than this guy pulls up on the corner and asks if I was okay, than I tell him that I'm being robbed. He tells me to get in while the guys that tried to rob me get into their car. I ask that guy that helped to chase them so we can get their license plate and than we go after them. We chase them for half a mile and get their license plate. Conveniently we find a cop on the street and we tell him what happened. Sadly, I was on such adrenaline that I couldn't make out the car or how the suspects looked. The license plate was 5YDG140 and I'm hoping that I remembered it right because those plates belong to someone in Valencia and it happened in Hawaiian Gardens. Now I have a swollen temple and those punks are still out there. Luckily I didn't get shot, stabbed or lose anything to them, but it sucks that this had to happen a block away from my house. This would have never happened if I was able to carry a weapon on me to defend myself because you never know when some stupid punks might do something to you. What would've happened if they did have a gun or a knife, I'd probably be dead.
    Last edited by KracknCorn; 12-10-2007, 12:59 AM.
    Hartzler v. City of San Jose.
    "The government owes no duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack."
  • #2
    N6ATF
    Banned
    • Jul 2007
    • 8383

    Might be stolen car... you might want to delete this in case it will show cause for a CCW.

    Comment

    • #3
      The SoCal Gunner
      Veteran Member
      • May 2006
      • 3319

      You'll need a mod to delete this thread. I'm sure a report was filed so that will go to your advantage if you ever apply.

      Did you see it coming?

      Just a reminder to be aware of your surroundings.

      Comment

      • #4
        KracknCorn
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 785

        Originally posted by lilxboi
        You'll need a mod to delete this thread. I'm sure a report was filed so that will go to your advantage if you ever apply.

        Did you see it coming?

        Just a reminder to be aware of your surroundings.


        I thought I lived in a relatively safe area. Guess I was wrong. The fact that they had no visible weapons, I couldn't see their intent, plus I usually don't suspect people are out to do me harm. First time anything like this has happened to me. Sadly, I will watch people more closely now.
        Last edited by KracknCorn; 12-10-2007, 1:32 AM.
        Hartzler v. City of San Jose.
        "The government owes no duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack."

        Comment

        • #5
          GSequoia
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2007
          • 1356

          That's what you need to do man, be aware at all times.

          That doesn't mean paranoid, just aware.

          Really I don't see a concealed weapon being much good here, you were caught off guard, if you had fumbled for the weapon there is a good chance he'd have gotten a free gun.
          Alot isn't a word and allot isn't the word you think it is.

          I'd really like a Colt 1903 frame, bad finish okay!
          I'm also looking for a good deal on a 1911 frame or two for budget/spare parts builds.

          Comment

          • #6
            bigthaiboy
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 4795

            Is your residential address in Hawaiian Gardens? Is that O.C. or L.A. County? If it's O.C. your chances of getting a CCW are much better.

            Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

            Comment

            • #7
              KracknCorn
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2006
              • 785

              Originally posted by GSequoia
              That's what you need to do man, be aware at all times.

              That doesn't mean paranoid, just aware.

              Really I don't see a concealed weapon being much good here, you were caught off guard, if you had fumbled for the weapon there is a good chance he'd have gotten a free gun.
              The initial attack was what caught me off guard, but I was able to defend myself enough to have open opportunities to readily pull out a weapon. This situation may not have needed a weapon because I am alive, but this situation could repeat itself in a more dangerous way and I would like a better option than fighting 3 guys on 1.
              Hartzler v. City of San Jose.
              "The government owes no duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack."

              Comment

              • #8
                rorschach
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 4405

                Sadly, HG is right on the LA/OC border...on the LA side. Fat chance....hopefully some of this CCW madness will change in our lifetime.
                L.A. County
                Mailed to LASD Hall of Justice: 6/27/2022 received:6/28
                Check cashed: 8/22/2022
                Livescan: 4/22/2023 DOJ 4/22 FBI 4/23 Firearms 4/26
                Call for interview: 5/24/2023 Interview: 5/31/2023
                PTT: 8/21/23 Training submitted 8/27/23
                Call for pickup 10/12/23 Pickup: 11/8/23

                Comment

                • #9
                  The SoCal Gunner
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2006
                  • 3319

                  Even though you were caught off guard I think having a CCW would have either prevented further injury from yourself and/or get those guys off the street.

                  When I was younger, I got into many situations where a CCW would have been helpful, but of course I was too young then. Myself and 2 other friends were blindsided once when we were sitting on a bench outside of a restaurant. Two gang-bangers who were much older than us came around the corner, which was about 5 feet from us, and started bashing us with a pipe and a wrench. I was lucky enough to be the furthest away from the attack and blocked the pipe with my elbow that was aimed at my head. My friend wasn't so lucky and took it in the head. Well after I blocked the pipe I got on my feet and faced off with the guy. He was standing a few feet in front of me now speaking gang lingo and all I had to defend myself with was a soda can which I threw at his head which hit. We stood there for a few more seconds while he announced his gang affiliation but he didn't attack me again. Had I had a CCW and been old enough, that would be one less gang banger to worry about.

                  There are situations where you have time to pull out a piece even if you are caught off guard but most likely these are situations don't involved criminals with guns.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Giovani X
                    Member
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 209

                    Surefire, Knife, Pepperspray...."EDC"....Every Day Carry...Everyday!!!
                    Hose em down with the pepper , light em up with the light and draw your knife, keeping it out of view and at the ready should some degenerate think he can still fight with most of his vision obscured. Three on one should be plenty of justification, should you need to draw blood. And I'll put dollars to doughnuts that after you cut the first one, the other's will leave him behind to save their own butts... Sorry to hear about your situation, don't let it scare you, and be sure not to think about it too much... the would have, should have, could have is way worse then getting home safe to your loved ones after that experience. Be safe.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CalNRA
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 8686

                      Originally posted by GSequoia
                      Really I don't see a concealed weapon being much good here, you were caught off guard, if you had fumbled for the weapon there is a good chance he'd have gotten a free gun.
                      the majority of the time when you need a CCW you are caught off guard. that's why training is essential to a CCW holder. Otherwise by your argument, no one needs a CCW(pretty much the argument from the anti-CCW people in the first place: you will fumble and lose your gun, blah blah blah)
                      Originally posted by cvigue
                      This is not rocket surgery.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Stormfeather
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 7739

                        Situational Awareness my friend. That is what you have now gained. Its that little level of awaredness thats below paranoia, but ranks around "spidey-sense"! Anytime Im walking out & about, im always watching. Its not being shift-eyed or anything like that, I m just paying attention to my surroundings. Its things like this that will save your butt when mishaps like the one you experienced happened. Kudos to you for taking a stand, next time pay more attention to the attackers, clothing, hair style and eyes, are key, this helps bring them all into focus afterwarsd when you are describing them IMHO. Good luck on that ccw!
                        Originally posted by Soldier415
                        I am naked except for seatless white chaps, a boonie hat and a tactical vest playing HALO.
                        Originally posted by oaklander
                        I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
                        Originally posted by ohsmily
                        I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
                        Originally posted by hoffmang
                        Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
                        -Gene

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PonchoTA
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 2289

                          Sadly, self-defense is not a cause worthy of justifying a CCW. If you carry lots of gold, jewelry or money it is, but to protect your own life, Cali does not see that as a good reason.
                          Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.")
                          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD

                          sigpicNRA Life Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Res
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 1633

                            Originally posted by Giovani X
                            Surefire, Knife, Pepperspray...."EDC"....Every Day Carry...Everyday!!!
                            Hose em down with the pepper , light em up with the light and draw your knife, keeping it out of view and at the ready should some degenerate think he can still fight with most of his vision obscured. Three on one should be plenty of justification, should you need to draw blood. And I'll put dollars to doughnuts that after you cut the first one, the other's will leave him behind to save their own butts... Sorry to hear about your situation, don't let it scare you, and be sure not to think about it too much... the would have, should have, could have is way worse then getting home safe to your loved ones after that experience. Be safe.
                            Giovani, i hear what your saying. But sometimes pepperspray isn't enough.

                            just a few threads down
                            man shot while defending self with pepper spray
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Dusty Miller
                            Sacramento

                            Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ask80
                              Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 229

                              not to be mean, but i don't think there are any safe areas in HG. i live in OC ,somewhat close to there.. and i definitely don't see any safe/nice areas... =P

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1