Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

good usmc movies

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    dfens
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 946

    The greatest Marine movie ever made is The Siege of Firebase Gloria.

    It has the gunny in it who takes command of a firebase and commands it so all the grunts don't die due to being lazy, drugged out idiots that sit on their asses all day. A true tale of survival against all odds.

    Man I never saw so much gun play and VC get their asses blown away in a vietnam movie.

    It's a crying shame I had to DV-R this and put it on a DVD to enjoy it over and over.

    Comment

    • #32
      high_lander
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2005
      • 873

      Why the hell has no one mentioned Heartbreak Ridge?

      Comment

      • #33
        Army
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 3915

        Originally posted by high_lander
        Why the hell has no one mentioned Heartbreak Ridge?
        Way up near the top.
        "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

        Comment

        • #34
          VictorFranko
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2010
          • 13737

          Originally posted by high_lander
          Why the hell has no one mentioned Heartbreak Ridge?
          Yup, post #7

          Comment

          • #35
            ledman
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 2512

            Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
            O lol...that was a TV Show, but I did enjoy watching that as a kid and BAA BAA Black Sheep with Robert Conrad was awesome! Love the Corsair!! Rat Patrol(Not Marines) and COMBAT! Vic Morrow(Army) were among some other of my favorite TV shows, that are all on DVD now...I know you said MOVIES...but these are all good watching also!
            And you have to LOVE THE DIRTY DOZEN!! I know, Army also...but still a great movie.
            And of course FMJ is a classic MOVIE. As a former Marine, I have to say also, that this movies is the best depiction of Marine Corps boot camp I have ever seen, very much truth in in, as I am sure Gunny had something to do with that being a real D.I. in the Marines for 2 of his 11 years in at MCRD in San Diego.
            Last edited by ledman; 04-19-2010, 7:25 PM.
            USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
            3rd Battalion 9th Marines
            1st Marine Division FMF
            Camp Pendelton, CA
            sigpic
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

            Comment

            • #36
              dbear22
              Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 138

              Gung ho!! awesome flick

              Comment

              • #37
                wjc
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2009
                • 10880

                I agree that FMJ, Firebase Gloria are great. I'd love to get Firebase Gloria on DVD.

                Here's some other USMC movies I dig...

                Wake Island with Brian Donlevy
                The Pride of the Marines with John Garfield
                Flying Leathernecks with John Wayne and Robert Ryan
                Aliens...hey, they were Colonial Marines! (I'm Hudson..HE's Hicks!)

                ...not USMC, but I highly recommend these movies:

                Air Force with Harry Carey, Sr. and John Garfield - U.S.A.A.C
                A Walk in the Sun with Dana Andrews = U.S. Army
                Back to Bataan with Robert Taylor - U.S. Army
                Bataan with John Wayne and Anthony Quinn - U.S. Army
                sigpic

                NRA Benefactor Member
                NRA Golden Eagle
                SAF Life Member
                CGN Contributor

                Comment

                • #38
                  cesboze
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 92

                  What about HBO's The Pacific?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    M198
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 605

                    Originally posted by high_lander
                    Why the hell has no one mentioned Heartbreak Ridge?
                    Because it stinks? My eyes hurt from rolling so much watching that movie. The pacific and Generation kill are great HBO miniseries.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      B Strong
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 6367

                      Siege of Firebase Gloria:

                      The way some gunshop clerks spout off, you'd think that they invented gunpowder and the repeating rifle, and sat on the Supreme Court as well.
                      ___________________________________________
                      "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
                      - Jeff Cooper

                      Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        RK808
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 1042

                        If you haven't seen Generation Kill and the Pacific, you NEED to go check them out. Great miniseries

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1