Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

TruGlo BRITE-SITE TFO ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • g_conway
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 572

    TruGlo BRITE-SITE TFO ?

    Any link referances would be welcome.

    Anyone used these (specificly the TFO series.) The options apear to be green/green and yellow/green.

    The rear yellow front green sounds good to me.

    Any opinion on these sights, or other recomendations.
    G_Conway
    ______________________________________________

    Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.
  • #2
    stix213
    AKA: Joe Censored
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2009
    • 19002

    Originally posted by g_conway
    Any link referances would be welcome.

    Anyone used these (specificly the TFO series.) The options apear to be green/green and yellow/green.

    The rear yellow front green sounds good to me.

    Any opinion on these sights, or other recomendations.
    I have regular tritium TruGlo night sights on my Glock 17C, and I have the TruGlo tritium/fiber optic ones I just installed on my Glock 29. The fiber ones are significantly dimmer at night than the tritium only version on my G17C. If I had the decision to make over again, I would get the tritium only sights for my G29.

    I own 3 pistols with night sights. The two Glocks with TruGlo's and my factory Sig P238 night sights. The TruGlo's on my G17C are even slightly brighter than the factory ones on my Sig, while the tritium/fiber ones on my G29 are about half as bright as either of the other two.

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by stix213; 08-15-2011, 5:41 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      cindynles
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 2806

      I have a set of TFOs on by G17 and they are about the same brightness as the Trijicons that I have on my 1911 (maybe a tiny bit dimmer). But they really pop whenever there is any ambient light.

      The one really big downside to them for me is the size of the front site (its huge) and the fact that it rubs on some holsters. It concerns me that I might rip the front site off one day.

      Here are some pictures of the TFOs on my G17 (you can see how long the front site is).


      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

      Comment

      • #4
        dousan
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 1291

        I got the y/g on my m&p
        The size is the big downer
        But with low light they are great. Most range (indoor) lighting sucks so it's nice
        I have trijicons on the sig. I like them too
        If the truglo was a smaller unit I'd be more inclined to get them for my next gun, but I'll probably get trijicons again.

        Comment

        • #5
          g_conway
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 572

          The daylight pics are very helpfull, thanks.
          Any "low light images."

          Are there any other options that any of you would consider instead.

          I have std "white dot" sights on current gun, dont like them at all.
          G_Conway
          ______________________________________________

          Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.

          Comment

          • #6
            jhaselton
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 512

            I run the TFO's on my G17. I regularly shoot at long distances, 25-80yds, with no problems.

            Comment

            • #7
              g_conway
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 572

              Does anyone have pics of the yellow rear / front green combo.
              day /dusk /dark ?
              G_Conway
              ______________________________________________

              Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.

              Comment

              • #8
                yakmon
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 922

                The green rear sights are brighter than the yellow. I don't have pics, bit I have TFOs on my xd and my kimber. The kimber has yellow and are not as bright as the greens on the xd.

                Comment

                • #9
                  g_conway
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 572

                  Originally posted by yakmon
                  The green rear sights are brighter than the yellow. I don't have pics, bit I have TFOs on my xd and my kimber. The kimber has yellow and are not as bright as the greens on the xd.
                  That is actually what I would like to see.

                  I would hope the rears are slightly dimmer, and diff. color, to allow for a quick sight alignment in all lighting conditions.
                  G_Conway
                  ______________________________________________

                  Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Grumpyoldretiredcop
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 6437

                    I use the TFOs on my competition Glock 17. As has already been stated, the green is brighter than the yellow. They're at least as bright in low light as the Ameriglo sights they replaced, but are much more visible if there is enough light for them to gather. Sorry, no pics...
                    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      cindynles
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 2806

                      Originally posted by g_conway
                      The daylight pics are very helpfull, thanks.
                      Any "low light images."
                      Here you go....

                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        g_conway
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 572

                        Originally posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop
                        I use the TFOs on my competition Glock 17. As has already been stated, the green is brighter than the yellow. They're at least as bright in low light as the Ameriglo sights they replaced, but are much more visible if there is enough light for them to gather. Sorry, no pics...
                        Thanks for the info. Are you happy with the yellow/green? would you do that over again or would you go G/G or another brand?

                        CINDYNLES Thank you for the pics. That helps me a lot.
                        Last edited by g_conway; 08-18-2011, 2:16 PM.
                        G_Conway
                        ______________________________________________

                        Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          FS00008
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2008
                          • 1975

                          I have them on a few pistols. The ones that I"ve had the longest just had the fibre optic on the front snap in half, so it's kinda weird looking now. Front still glows, from the piece that's stuck int he sight, but it's not great. Anyways, I've been happy with them over standard Night Sights. They lasted for a couple of years and tens of thousands of rounds/holstering/unholstering events, so I'm not too concerned about the durability.
                          "No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                          legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer."

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            perpetual otter
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 5093

                            The TFOs on my m&p just gave out. About one year of use with a lot of rounds downrange and yesterday the front sight's tritium rod just popped out. I'm disappointed they turned out this way.
                            I provide opinions...
                            At a rapid rate.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              g_conway
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 572

                              Originally posted by ArkinDomino
                              The TFOs on my m&p just gave out. About one year of use with a lot of rounds downrange and yesterday the front sight's tritium rod just popped out. I'm disappointed they turned out this way.
                              Did Truglo help deal with the problem, or are they saying you are on your own? I have seen numerous posts related to other sights having that issue.
                              Is this type of thing common with sights that have inserts?
                              G_Conway
                              ______________________________________________

                              Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1