Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun save another life

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigbryan
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 98

    Gun save another life

    My family and I went atv riding in the Nevada desert this weekend me and my dad went out in the desert with my saiga he had the gun in a case I made out of diamond plate strap to the front of my dad quad we shot off a few rounds and on are way back to camp my dad went over a sand dune and it was a gradual down hill slope but at the very end it drop of about 5 ft he didn't see it went right over it nose diving the atv he got throw head first in to the gun case and he broke his eye socket so now he got a metal plate around his eye but the doctor said if the gun case wasn't there he would have hit his chest and that would have more of likely killed him with force he hit thank god he had that case strapped to his atv and I also got a mossberg 22 made in 1946-1947 and a single barel brake open 12 gauge witch was made in 1901 or 1902 from my grandpa (live near the hospital) will I was waited for my dad to get out of surgery

    Thank for listening I jst need to vent a little bit
    Eldorado rod and gun club member
  • #2
    Twiggz
    Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 242

    Glad he's ok and it sounds like he was very lucky, but damn. Use some punctuation man! Its very difficult to read what you wrote.

    Comment

    • #3
      2Bear
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 1696

      Free edit service, today only!

      Originally posted by bigbryan
      My family and I went ATV riding in the Nevada desert this weekend.

      Me and my dad went out in the desert with my Saiga; he had the gun in a case I made out of diamond plate strapped to the front of my dad's quad.

      We shot off a few rounds and on our way back to camp my dad went over a sand dune, and it was a gradual down hill slope, but at the very end it dropped off about 5 ft.

      He didn't see it and went right over it, nose diving the ATV, and he got thrown head-first into the gun case.

      He broke his eye-socket so now he's got a metal plate around his eye, but the doctor said if the gun case wasn't there he would have hit his chest and that would have more than likely killed him with the force he hit with.

      Thank god he had that case strapped to his ATV.

      Also, I got a Mossberg .22 made in 1946 -1947 and a single barrel break-open 12-gauge which was made in 1901 or 1902 from my grandpa, (who lives near the hospital), while I was waiting for my dad to get out of surgery.

      Thank for listening, I just need to vent a little bit.
      Sheesh, sounds like a scary crash, glad your dad's still around to tell the story...
      sigpic Lucky you.

      Comment

      • #4
        Dead*Reckoned
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 2643

        I never liked atv's. Dangerous.

        Comment

        • #5
          Twiggz
          Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 242

          Great translation 2Bear.

          Comment

          • #6
            DeanW66
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Oct 2008
            • 5077

            Originally posted by 2Bear
            Free edit service, today only!
            THANK YOU!

            Originally posted by 2Bear
            Sheesh, sounds like a scary crash, glad your dad's still around to tell the story...
            +1
            CalGuns Network (CGN) is different from CalGuns Foundation (CGF). Both need our support. I have gold name because I support CGN; plus, I send $10 every two weeks to CGF automatically via online BillPay as described here.

            Support CGF by shopping at Amazon!

            Comment

            • #7
              bigbryan
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 98

              Ya sorry about the punctuation I typed it all on my iPhone I guess I got a little carried away

              My parent are planning o sellin the quad to buy more guns
              Eldorado rod and gun club member

              Comment

              • #8
                stix213
                AKA: Joe Censored
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Apr 2009
                • 19002

                There should be ATV buybacks....

                Where they melt them down to turn them into AK's. Should help save more lives

                Comment

                • #9
                  bigbryan
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 98

                  Haha ya I've love atv and dirtbike for all my life (witch only been 19 years) but I've seen to many of my family get seriously hurt.

                  I don't no if I can give it up but my love of guns is really helping me through the pain

                  Every time I think of ridding I just have to go shooting and that will be my therapy

                  One atv could shure make alot of ak and ar (if u like a gun that jam every other round)
                  Eldorado rod and gun club member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Untamed1972
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 17579

                    I'm guessing Dad wasn't wearing a helmet?
                    "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

                    Quote for the day:
                    "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Shellshocker66
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 1760

                      Glad your dad is OK!

                      Now starting bid on one slightly used ATV with minor accident... Opening bid $5.00!
                      "I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." --Susan B. Anthony



                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bigbryan
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 98

                        He was wearing a full face helmet he was just goin really fast
                        Eldorado rod and gun club member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          strakill
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 1484

                          At least he will live but it does suck for him to have to go through that. I think the finer detail behind this story is that its cool you have a dad that rides and shoots with you. I hope he heals quick and can get back out there soon.
                          Originally posted by superhondaz50
                          I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
                          Originally posted by beerman
                          ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bigbryan
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 98

                            Ya he a great dad
                            he still in the hospital should be gettin out tomarow
                            Eldorado rod and gun club member

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              biloutkast
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 1550

                              That's scary. Good to hear he's alive and getting better.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1