Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Elk Grove Gunroom Range, do NOT go there!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • truthseeker
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 1546

    Elk Grove Gunroom Range, do NOT go there!

    They are so cheap that they won't turn on the air conditioner inside the indoor range.

    I went there yesterday and it was literally like walking into a steam room, I was sweating within 1 minute. The humidity was like 120% (felt like being in the jungle) and it was probably 90-100 degrees in there.

    I went out of the range to ask the people at the front desk to turn the air on and someone else was complaining and the old guy there says "well it is cold out on the owners boat on the river".

    Screw that place, I would rather drive an hour and shoot outside in 200 degree weather at Sacramento Valley range then deal with that place again!
    sigpic
  • #2
    Synergy
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2008
    • 14303

    Are they still scared of .22 cal evil black rifles?
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      9mmepiphany
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2008
      • 8075

      It was toasty at SacValley, but we had a nice breeze
      ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

      Comment

      • #4
        jptopz
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 1097

        I have never had a good experance there. I wish that someone would open up a indoor range up in the Roseville area. I perfer outdoor ranges, but indoor ranges have there place.

        Comment

        • #5
          negolien
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 4829

          Sac valley is FTW that's for sure. I go out of my way by an hour to shoot there because it's well worth it and I' am not even a member.
          "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

          George Orwell

          http://www.AnySoldier.com

          Comment

          • #6
            bruss01
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2006
            • 5336

            I've never had a bad experience at the EGGR. But if I showed up to shoot at an indoor range I would expect wind, rain and temperature not to be factors and I wouldn't be happy to have my range session limited by how long I can stand the heat. The owner needs to hear about this from his customers and understand it will affect his bottom line in terms of lost revenue.
            The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

            Comment

            • #7
              RangemasterP226
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2007
              • 941

              I hate smart-*** answers when you have an acutal valid complaint. Screw'em! If enough people vote with their dollars, then maybe the owner won't have a boat and the accompaning cool breeze.

              Comment

              • #8
                greybeard
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1086

                Are there indoor ranges in Ca that have AC? I have not seen one in the bay area
                John

                The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                Comment

                • #9
                  warbird
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 2049

                  Regardless of A/C or not, all ranges should be properly ventilated at all times with appropriate filters/fans and the attitude of the staff will make the difference in the cash register. I'll take a hundred degree outdoor range anytime with decent staff to an indoor range that has lousy service and attitude. I know their telephone responses suck when I called for mag availability and ammo which is why I have not bothered to waste the gas to go over and check them out. I have never used the range and doubt I will based on my telephone conversations with them. But the doors are still open and the owner is still on his boat so somebody likes supporting them.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jimz68
                    Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 107

                    Originally posted by greybeard
                    Are there indoor ranges in Ca that have AC? I have not seen one in the bay area
                    Ever been to Reed's?
                    That place gets downright frosty in the range rooms.

                    Jim

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      greybeard
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1086

                      Originally posted by jimz68
                      Ever been to Reed's?
                      That place gets downright frosty in the range rooms.

                      Jim
                      Once a week, it was warm yesterday.
                      John

                      The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kenjimatic
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 884

                        I have a friend whose sister is friends with the owner. My friend told me they had to shut down the store side for a few days because they had like 5 pistols missing from inventory. Then, they magically appeared a few days later.

                        I don't think they have air condition on the range but I do agree they should have one.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bruceflinch
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 40155

                          Originally posted by kenjimatic
                          I don't think they have air condition on the range but I do agree they should have one.
                          It is pretty much impossible to air condition a facility that large. They have to pull in fresh air & exhaust stale air at 10 times a hour. That is probably 20--30,000 cubic feet per minute of airflow. 50 tons of A/C. Pretty expensive to buy, install, run & maintain.
                          However, it could be the exhaust fans were not running @ full capacity.

                          The kind of Customer Service the OP experienced is inexcusable. My experiences at the EGGR has been similar.
                          Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                          I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                          Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                          Secret Club Member?.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            AAShooter
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • May 2010
                            • 7188

                            If you have proper air handling/ventilation on an indoor range, it becomes problematic to heat and cool with specialized equipment.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              PandaLuv
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 641

                              I thought all indoor ranges are not air conditioned
                              Молон Лабе
                              I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1