I purchased an LAR-8 awhile back and this past weekend was the first I got to shoot it and I am in love.
It is the varmint model with the 26" barrel and it is a tack driver. Thanks to the added weight the recoil is about the same or less than any of my AR's. I can actually watch the bullet hit through the scope. I was hitting 12 inch metal targets at 300 and 500 yards with ease. I will have to put it on paper and play with some loads to see what it is truly capable of, but wow I am impressed at this point.
It is the varmint model with the 26" barrel and it is a tack driver. Thanks to the added weight the recoil is about the same or less than any of my AR's. I can actually watch the bullet hit through the scope. I was hitting 12 inch metal targets at 300 and 500 yards with ease. I will have to put it on paper and play with some loads to see what it is truly capable of, but wow I am impressed at this point.
