Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

California Gun Laws Suck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • norcalgunowner
    Junior Member
    • May 2009
    • 46

    California Gun Laws Suck

    In Washington right now and finally get to shoot the AR-15 with 30 round magazines. We all know the gun laws in California suck but really. A friend and I were discussing the reason. Well ?. If somebody is going to be willing to go to prison to kill someone do you really think they care if they have a 30 round mag which is going to get them a Felony? A friend brought up. Further frustrating me about Califonia's gun laws. I've had so much fun up here it is making me considering moving out of State to a less restrictive gun law state. California frustrates me. If I'm thinking this now how many other people do you think have moved out of State just for this reason. Further causing the downfall of California's economic state.
    138
    Yes
    0%
    35
    No
    0%
    25
    Hell Yeah!
    0%
    54
    Maybe
    0%
    24
  • #2
    Omega47
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 6

    The bullet button is another terrible idea brought on by politicians to up their ratings. Think a fixed magazine will somehow save lives. If someone wanted to go on a spree, you think they would give a **** if their weapon was California compliant?

    Comment

    • #3
      Jonathan Doe

      We really don't have a choice on the existing gun laws in California. Do I agree with Assault Weapon Law, 10 round magazine, bullet button, Saturday Night Special, and all other "unnecessary" regulations? Of course not. Let' make our vote count and change it.

      Comment

      • #4
        the_t0ny
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 1010

        I wouldn't move solely because of the gun laws even though they don't make sense and how there isn't a castle doctrine/law here in CA. There are a few other small things here in CA that irritate me, but not to the point that makes me want to move out of state.

        Now if I were to get a law enforcement or border patrol agent job in Arizona or maybe even Texas....that'd be a whole different story.

        Comment

        • #5
          norcalgunowner
          Junior Member
          • May 2009
          • 46

          I agree with with you guys completely. Just venting because it makes me think harder just being up here. About to head to Montana tomorrow and check out their laws too. I agree with topgun7 completely. let' make our vote count.

          Comment

          • #6
            aermotor
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Apr 2009
            • 2566

            If there's nothing tying you down here, then get away as far as you can! Oregon is amazing for many reasons. Taxes. Gun laws. Beauty abound.

            Comment

            • #7
              jermedic
              Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 291

              Originally posted by aermotor
              If there's nothing tying you down here, then get away as far as you can! Oregon is amazing for many reasons. Taxes. Gun laws. Beauty abound.
              I agree and that's why I moved to AZ. Single, no kids, and landed a better job out here so I can afford a decent life. The gun laws are just the icing on the cake.
              Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer

              Comment

              • #8
                repubconserv
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 3056

                I voted yes, but that is under the condition that I am willing to leave friends and family.... not yet.

                I do hope to move to a free state soon for many more reasons than gun laws... that will be an added bonus though

                Comment

                • #9
                  pepsi2451
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 1633

                  Originally posted by aermotor
                  If there's nothing tying you down here, then get away as far as you can! Oregon is amazing for many reasons. Taxes. Gun laws. Beauty abound.
                  I think someone could use a geography lesson.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jshoebot
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 1857

                    Bullet buttons weren't politicians' idea. They were attempting to ban all the evil black rifles, and the bullet button was invented by some ingenious folks as a way around the law, allowing us to legally own our black rifles.

                    And we do have castle doctrine here. Albeit kinda half-assed castle doctrine, but we have it.

                    Yes, the laws suck, and I'll be out of CA the moment I can!
                    Any opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily the opinions of any organizations in which I am a member.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      edward
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 966

                      I'm out of here within 3 months of my EAS. Moving to Medford, OR.
                      Originally posted by orangeglo
                      Cool...
                      Originally posted by jl123
                      story...
                      Originally posted by dadoody
                      bro...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        rjh4758
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 644

                        Yep gotta agree! The laws here suck, but I guess it could be worse. The intent at the time was to keep everyone from having any non sporting type of rifle or shotgun. They neutered all handguns to 10 rounds and then made it difficult for handgun manufactures to sell here by requiring testing (big money racket). Lucky for us they were so specific in what they didn't want they listed every non sporting rifle and shotgun of the time. So as time passed new manufacturers popped up and they were not on the list, also manufactures changed model names and then they were no longer on the list. Also some ingenious individuals came up with the bullet button concept to get around the detachable magazine part of the law.

                        I just had my first taste of shooting a lot and using BB and 10 round mags and it sucked. I have spent all of my life in a free state up until 8 months ago and never realized how good it was having those freedoms. I guess the only advantage of the 10 round mag is I seemed to shoot less and saved ammo because I spent that time loading mags.
                        Last edited by rjh4758; 06-28-2011, 12:38 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          norcalgunowner
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2009
                          • 46

                          Thanks for all the replys. The only thing tying me down right now is my Son. Trying to find the quickest state that doesn't have bs laws to move to with quick access to come down and see him. I grew up in Norcal for 29 years now and have seen California go downhill as far as gun laws and a lot other. I am thankful my father was a Veteran and taught me how to use guns and be responsible at a very young age. Not to say for some others which all of us have to pay the consequences for their actions and these ignorant laws. Best wishes to all I know I will be making a decision soon.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ccmc
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 1797

                            California has got great natural beauty and a fairly mild pleasant climate which keeps a lot of people there and/or attracts a lot of people. But Mercatus ranks CA 48 out of 50 states in overall freedom (only ahead of NJ and NY). I like to visit CA, but it would be tough for me to live there. The state is too involved in the lives of its residents.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Hopalong
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 2436

                              I'm here because of the weather and beautiful area I live in.

                              Certainly not the politics, taxes, and regulations.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1