Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Universal Pistol Loaders - Greatest invention ever?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • emil77
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 981

    Universal Pistol Loaders - Greatest invention ever?

    Hi guys,

    Do any of you own a "Butler Creek Lula Universal Pistol Loader?" If so, is it your best investment to date? The reviews on Amazon are solid. Is it worth it?

    Thanks,
    Emil
  • #2
    FourLoko
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 2426

    I'm too manly for that, like to give my thumbs a workout

    Comment

    • #3
      FS00008
      Senior Member
      • May 2008
      • 1975

      Depends on how much you shoot. I love em.
      "No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
      legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer."

      Comment

      • #4
        KCDS
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 527

        it would be nice for loading 20+ rounds in a mag

        Comment

        • #5
          NorCal Einstein
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 1242

          I have no problem thumbing rounds into my magazines. However at the last training course I was at, I saw a good number of people using loaders and it got me into considering one. When I'm just at the range, I don't mind loading my hand at all. It allows me to slow down a bit, instead of running through all my ammo in like 30 minutes. In training classes though, you always want to gas up quickly so I could see a real benefit in this. I'll probably end up picking up the UPLula before my next course!

          Comment

          • #6
            ThortheDog
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 321

            The Uplula saves me a lot of time at the range - less time loading, more time shooting. That does mean you can end up burning through more ammo and making your range trips more expensive.

            It also make things a lot easier getting the last round into tight magazines.

            Comment

            • #7
              gorenut
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 3072

              I got one for my girlfriend because she always has trouble loading in the 10th round.

              I ended up using it myself every range visit. I load much faster with one.

              Comment

              • #8
                bsg
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 25954

                i've got one; works as advertised.

                Comment

                • #9
                  emil77
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 981

                  Nice, great info!
                  Thanks,
                  Emil

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wilit
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 5213

                    The uplula is awesome and worth every penny. If you've got a Ruger Mk I/II/III or Browning Buckmark, the Ultimate Cliploader is another must have.
                    "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
                    "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
                    "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Cokebottle
                      Señor Member
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 32373

                      Another Uplula fanboi here.
                      The things are great. My factory Glock and XD-Gear loaders are in a box in the back of my closet.

                      Considering getting a Striplula for the AR and converting over to loading with stripper clips.
                      No, loading the AR mags is cake, but it still takes time.
                      Last time at Burro, the guys called for a line break, so I unloaded and safed everything, they went out to tend the targets, I grabbed a snack.

                      I heard my wife say "Watermelon!"
                      Looked back and the guys were walking back to the line, ready to go hot, and I was standing there with six empty mags, 12 watermelon on the range, and 18 guys on the line with loaded mags.
                      - Rich

                      Originally posted by dantodd
                      A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        4DSJW
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 786

                        The UpLula loaders are great and well worth the price, especially when they go on sale. I don't use one all the time but it has made shooting much more enjoyable for my sweetie, and when she's happy at the range I am too.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TKM
                          Onward through the fog!
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 10657

                          It's not unusual for me to load up 60 or so mags before heading to the range.

                          Loves me the UPLULA AR, M1A, and pistol loaders. The Ultimate Cliploader and the 10/22 variant as well.

                          I pay to shoot, not to show everyone how well I can load the same magazine over and over.
                          It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            verapakill
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 1185

                            Auto loaders are for girls. The first thing I did when I got my glock was throw my auto loader in the trash.
                            sigpic
                            Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Chief-7700
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2008
                              • 3382

                              Originally posted by verapakill
                              Auto loaders are for girls. The first thing I did when I got my glock was throw my auto loader in the trash.
                              What sort of reaction were you expecting to get from your post?

                              XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                              IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                              NRA Certified RSO
                              "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1