I have recently sold all of my guns recently to start a better collection with new and well thought out gun buys. Majority of the gun that I had before were impulse buys or bought because they were cheap (lever action 45, Sigma 40, 243 savage, 12g mossberg 500, H&R 12g single shot,.ar10,and ar15) Im looking for a good second gun. I have just picked a M&P 40 full size now I am looking for a rifle I can use for hunting any size game or a pistol for CCW (good ones). Im open to anything all models. I have a budget of $500. I also forgot to mention that I was not on Calguns when I bought those guns...lol I am enjoying this website a lot 10x better than facebook.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
looking for good second gun.
Collapse
X
-
looking for good second gun.
Tags: None -
Look at savages for a good hunting rifle. I've always liked them. There's always the Rem 700 if you want to spend more money.
For ccw, i second the G26. great gun and just as accurate as it bigger brotherssigpic In order to succeed, you can't be afraid of failure.Comment
-
Keep an eye on the for sale section for a used rifle. Savage makes a nice rifle. Remington 700's are legendary. Howa makes a really nice rifle at a really nice price. The action on the Howa was actually smoother than the 700 that I checked out. I would recommend a 30.06. Great round (over a hundred years old) and can be found at any major retailer or any country gas station in the middle of nowhere. Good luck on your search!!Comment
-
Savage/Vanguard/Tikka/Howa in 308win with a 3X9X40 Leupold scope and you will be set for good. You can get a Leupold off ebay and save. Do not worry as they rarely have trouble and even then they have a no BS warr. I have about 20+ and not a bad one. I say the 308win over the 30-06(which I have a number of and like) only because all you need for any game is 150-165gr bullets and the 308 will do anything the 30-06 will do as well as surplus ammo is and will continue to be easy to get for the 308. This is not true for the 30-06 anymore.
PS you really need a 22RF(rifle and pistol) for fun cheap shooting and practice.A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society memberComment
-
cool thanks a lot I am going to take everything into consideration.Comment
-
Savage Rifle and/or Ruger LC9 for CCW
my .02-Coi- N R A member since 2008
.177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~Comment
-
AGREED!!!!PS you really need a 22RF(rifle and pistol) for fun cheap shooting and practice.
Some of the most fun I have had at the range has been with my Ruger 10/22.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,926
Posts: 25,153,319
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 16618 users online. 129 members and 16489 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment