Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Custom Ear Plugs from the gun shows?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CJBrian
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 330

    Custom Ear Plugs from the gun shows?

    Hey Guys,

    Im thinking of going to the gun show in Costa Mesa the beginning of June to pick up a set of custom earplugs. First its been a year since I last went so is that guy still there? Are they worth it? Especially when adding entrance and parking fees. How much are they?

    Or is this a better option?



    Thanks Brian
  • #2
    SocomM4
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 2187

    Surefire EP3 pro. Best fitting and working that I've tried.15 bucks.
    Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
    maybe I'm wrong, but, if a $50.00 investment can help me a bit, i'll just have to go a day without the hookers and blow to cover it
    Originally posted by ir0nclash86
    I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
    Originally posted by Ride Madone
    It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.

    Comment

    • #3
      VictorFranko
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2010
      • 13737

      Ear Plugs USA, custom made by Linda.
      The best, worth every penny.

      Comment

      • #4
        EWILKE
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 562

        ear plugs

        Originally posted by VictorFranko
        Ear Plugs USA, custom made by Linda.
        The best, worth every penny.
        +1 she really takes her time to do it right if the first ones don't look right she re does them and they work great.

        Comment

        • #5
          CJBrian
          Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 330

          Originally posted by VictorFranko
          Ear Plugs USA, custom made by Linda.
          The best, worth every penny.
          Originally posted by EWILKE
          +1 she really takes her time to do it right if the first ones don't look right she re does them and they work great.
          So what's an average cost for these?

          Comment

          • #6
            jermedic
            Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 291

            I have a pair that I got made up at a bike show about 2 years ago. I paid around 50 or 60 bucks for them. I got them to use while riding, but also use them when shooting. I think they were well worth the money as the fit very securely and really cut down the noise a lot. Some may say that is a little bit pricey, but I value my hearing. You can wear ear muffs when shooting, but not when riding so that was my primary reason for getting them. The shooting was kind of an afterthought, but a good one.
            Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer

            Comment

            • #7
              VictorFranko
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2010
              • 13737

              Originally posted by CJBrian
              So what's an average cost for these?
              $50 USD

              Comment

              • #8
                code33
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2004
                • 971


                I just made a set today. Haven't tried it out yet. One side fits better than the other. It starts to cure pretty fast.
                Disclaimer:
                I am not a lawyer. Nothing in my posts should be considered legal advice.

                Got ORI?

                Front Sight Diamond Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  Rust
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 697

                  I don't recommend getting them from Ear Defenders, the company based out of Santa Margarita which is frequently at the gun shows. I bought a pair of plugs from them and they cracked after 3 or 4 uses. I tried calling them a good dozen times and never once got a hold of someone to see if I could get them repaired/replaced.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    johnthomas
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 7001

                    Originally posted by code33
                    http://www.radians.com/main/p-282-ra...-earplugs.aspx
                    I just made a set today. Haven't tried it out yet. One side fits better than the other. It starts to cure pretty fast.
                    I have had one pair made for me at a mine I use to work at, they worked perfect. I lost those when I left them in my coveralls. I tried the radians, The first pair I made fit ok, didn't work that well. I have yet to make the second one. The next pair I get will be made by a pro.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BitterOldMan
                      Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 289

                      I have two sets. The pair from Ear Defenders was bought at the Los Angeles Great Western Gun Show in Pomona around 2000 and are hard as a rock and unusable. I bought a pair in Phoenix last year and still use them. I usually use air muffs when shooting.
                      BitterOldMan

                      "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - Quote from Robert E. Howard, Conan in "Tower of the Elephant"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Subotai
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 11289

                        If you have a HearX near you, they're about 100 or so bucks.
                        RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
                        Free Vespuchia!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CHS
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 11338

                          After many years of buying and using disposable foam plugs, I finally broke down and got a set of the custom ones (also from the OC gun show) and I feel they are worth every penny.
                          Please read the Calguns Wiki
                          Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
                          --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            hellraiser
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 2347

                            Originally posted by CHS
                            After many years of buying and using disposable foam plugs, I finally broke down and got a set of the custom ones (also from the OC gun show) and I feel they are worth every penny.
                            I use the 32db foam throw aways... I'm guessing that's what you used. Does it seem like the custom ones cut down the noise as good or better? Thanks!
                            I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. --James "Logan" Howlett

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CHS
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 11338

                              Originally posted by hellraiser
                              I use the 32db foam throw aways... I'm guessing that's what you used. Does it seem like the custom ones cut down the noise as good or better? Thanks!
                              I've always used the 33db Howard Leight's (max? I think).

                              These ones don't seem to do AS good of a job, but they're pretty close.

                              Seeing as how most muff's are only in the 20db range or so, they are definitely worth it.
                              Please read the Calguns Wiki
                              Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
                              --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1