Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

:mad: renewed my ccw last night

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ubet
    Senior Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2011
    • 1557

    :mad: renewed my ccw last night

    I learned all kinds of neat information, at it last night, such as, NO other state recognizes a ca ccw. You cant carry in any state park ccw, that an ar with a bullet button becomes an "assault weapon" capable of being prosecuted for a felony after you release the magazine via bb. And that you can only ccw in a national park, of your issuing state.

    All the information I have learned from this site, is apparently wrong So I just wanted to let all of you know that, so calguns can quit spreading fud about all this stuff, hope I have helped

















    For those with no ability to detect sarcasm, sarcasm is now off.
  • #2
    Hozr
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 817

    Was this a local class/instructor? Glenn Co?
    "Your offer to have my client "Cease and Desist" exercising his first amendment rights is rejected."
    - Kilmer


    "Justice Sotomayor, states may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional."
    - Gura

    Comment

    • #3
      hefedehefe
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 2141

      Really?
      War does not determine who is right - only who is left!!
      I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep your "change"
      "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy" - Frank Sinatra
      "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
      "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harrissigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        G60
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 3989

        Did your local SO office tell you that?
        Pm wildhawker if it was an employee of the SO.
        "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

        Comment

        • #5
          ubet
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2011
          • 1557

          NO Gunrunner in Merced. He was no part of a SO.

          Comment

          • #6
            axhoaxho
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jun 2009
            • 10088

            Originally posted by ubet
            that an ar with a bullet button becomes an "assault weapon" capable of being prosecuted for a felony after you release the magazine via bb.
            Thanks. Can you share more details on what they have taught about above? For example, if someone is target shooting or hunting, after firing 10 rounds form their bullet-button (BB) rifle, eventually they would need to removing the empty magazine using the BB, and then to loading another magazine with fresh ammos. Does it mean (technically speaking) they can be arrested during the magazine changing process?

            Thanks again for the information, I think it would be very helpful for us to know.

            Regards,
            Last edited by axhoaxho; 05-13-2011, 12:59 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              vmwerks
              Norcal Cyclist
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2009
              • 3502

              Originally posted by ubet
              I learned all kinds of neat information, at it last night, such as, NO other state recognizes a ca ccw. You cant carry in any state park ccw, that an ar with a bullet button becomes an "assault weapon" capable of being prosecuted for a felony after you release the magazine via bb. And that you can only ccw in a national park, of your issuing state.

              All the information I have learned from this site, is apparently wrong So I just wanted to let all of you know that, so calguns can quit spreading fud about all this stuff, hope I have helped

              For those with no ability to detect sarcasm, sarcasm is now off.
              Willows? Love your movie theater! I'm there for Thunderhill more than a few times a year.


              /end threadjack

              Comment

              • #8
                ubet
                Senior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2011
                • 1557

                And one last thing, that their is no single shot exemption on pistols.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jgraham7897
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 682

                  Originally posted by ubet
                  NO Gunrunner in Merced. He was no part of a SO.
                  This is why I refuse to do business at this shop. Well that and they are super expensive. Which suck because they have the only range in the area.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Knauga
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1383

                    Was he wearing a special needs helmet? Are you sure he was the one who was supposed to hold the renewal class?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CAL.BAR
                      CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 5632

                      OK I'll bite - what other state accepts a CA CCW?
                      BTW - don't complain too loudly - the vast majority of people reading this live in counties where they will [I]never[I] get to have or even see a CCW issued.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        G60
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3989

                        Originally posted by djandj
                        OK I'll bite - what other state accepts a CA CCW?
                        lots of them:


                        Not surprising hearing so much FUD from a central valley gun shop. seems most of them around here are a few years behind the times.
                        "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Decoligny
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 10615

                          Originally posted by djandj
                          OK I'll bite - what other state accepts a CA CCW?
                          BTW - don't complain too loudly - the vast majority of people reading this live in counties where they will [I]never[I] get to have or even see a CCW issued.
                          Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont
                          sigpic
                          If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
                          or heard it with your own ears,
                          don't make it up with your small mind,
                          or spread it with your big mouth.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jgraham7897
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 682

                            Originally posted by G60
                            Not surprising hearing so much FUD from a central valley gun shop. seems most of them around here are a few years behind the times.
                            Sadly this is so true. I have not dealt with them in a few years but the guys at Stone's Gun Shop here in Merced seemed to be pretty descent guys.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mugiwara
                              Member
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 236

                              Originally posted by ubet
                              And one last thing, that their is no single shot exemption on pistols.
                              THERE IS NO SUN THATS A BIG RAISIN.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1