Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Open carrying his gun in The Office?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr. Wannabe High Profile Banger
    In my dreams I'm kind of a big thing..
    • Jun 2009
    • 134

    Open carrying his gun in The Office?



    May 12th im guessing because i seen the commercial on a show i recorded on DVR.

    The tv show The Office new episode i guess Dwight becomes the boss?
    I just seen a snap shot of him in the commercial... He was CARRYING A GUN!!

    Pretty sweet huh?
    Anyone know where i can watch the latest episodes of the office for free online?
    I'm banging the chick in my avatar, think I can get a CCW now?
  • #2
    SanPedroShooter
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2010
    • 9732

    Do you think this will contribute to a positive image of gun owners...?

    Comment

    • #3
      drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 2219

      One more reason, for me at least, why I have never watched a full episode of this show. This show doesn't contribute to a positive image of human beings, let alone gun owners!

      Just my $0.02 of course.
      NRA Life Member
      GOA Life Member
      USMC '71 - '78

      "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
      Edward Everett Hale

      Comment

      • #4
        23 Blast
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 3754

        I don't know anything about the show, but 2/1 odds says the gun on the belt will be used as some sort of prop for making fun of gun owners.
        "Two dead?!? HOW?!?"
        [sigh] "Bullets, mortar fire, heavy artillery salvos, terminal syphilis, bad luck --- the usual things, Captain."

        Comment

        • #5
          dousan
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 1291

          ***spoiler for those who do watch the show!














          no
          he had an ND on the gun. shot a hole in the floor and blew andy's (the guy from HANGOVER with the removable tooth) eardrum out.

          Comment

          • #6
            jshoebot
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 1857

            I just finished watching the episode, so a bit of a spoiler alert.




            Of course being on NBC, I figured this would be another anti-gun type of deal. I was kind of right, and kind of wrong. Of course, everybody knows that Dwight is an idiot. Great salesman, not a very smart guy. So he takes out the gun, and does a little twirl, and fires the gun into the ground. Everybody gets pissed, and makes a big deal about him firing a gun in the office, which of course they should. There aren't any overt anti-gun messages in the episode, besides everybodys' horror at Dwight having a gun in the office. At the end when Jo shows up, and Dwight admits his mistake, Jo says, "Of course it's your fault! Who else's fault would it be?!" Implying, of course, that Dwight is at fault, and not the gun. I believe that's the correct message, as Dwight is the idiot that messed up, and the gun isn't capable of doing wrong or right.

            As most people know, The Office is about the only show on NBC with a strong conservative viewer base. I didn't expect them to alienate those of us with conservative views, and they didn't. I just wish everybody in the office wasn't so horrified that someone would have a gun. And it's too bad they made Dwight be the guy with the gun, thereby making gun owners looks like idiots. I'm sure that was their attempt at an anti-gun spin.

            After all, it is NBC.
            Any opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily the opinions of any organizations in which I am a member.

            Comment

            • #7
              sanjosebmx
              Senior Member
              CGN Contributor
              • Dec 2010
              • 1065

              Ron from 'Parks and Rec' is another good / pro gun NBC character.. I like the show...


              S&W M&P .40 Shield / Ruger SR9 / Win Defender 1300

              Comment

              • #8
                ubet
                Senior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2011
                • 1557

                my other 1/3 likes the show

                Comment

                • #9
                  sleepercar
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 568

                  Dwight Kurt "Danger" Schrute!
                  FACT!
                  Parks and Rec. is good also.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    evidens83
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 7839

                    You are over thinking this. Its TV...
                    WTS 10/22 Lasermax laser CHEAP!!!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      G60
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 3989

                      Originally posted by SanPedroShooter
                      Do you think this will contribute to a positive image of gun owners...?
                      "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Nachoman
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 1138

                        Originally posted by evidens83
                        You are over thinking this. Its TV...
                        +1

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mr. Wannabe High Profile Banger
                          In my dreams I'm kind of a big thing..
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 134

                          Originally posted by sanjosebmx
                          Ron from 'Parks and Rec' is another good / pro gun NBC character.. I like the show...
                          Ron is a bad *** haha Claymore right on his desk facing whoever sits in front of him.
                          I'm banging the chick in my avatar, think I can get a CCW now?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Riflelover
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2359

                            Originally posted by Eraseallhope
                            Anyone know where i can watch the latest episodes of the office for free online?
                            Not sure if anyone mentioned it but you can find it on Hulu, or probably the nbc website.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              well206
                              Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 163

                              +1 on Hulu.com.

                              I do think it is overthinking it. They put out entertainment. These sitcoms are do not aim to out out any pro-gun or anti-gun messages.

                              Anyone remember agent Michael Scarn's guns in The Office?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1