Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cards
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 6

    Best weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse

    Sorry if this has been asked a million times....

    Let make a few assumptions:

    1)To revert the living dead back to the dead dead, the brain stem must be destroyed.

    2)Zombies can not run, as in "28 Days Later," but a are able to obtain a quick uncoordinated hobble (speed of a slow jog about 5mph).

    3)Zombies are dumb and and have basic survival instincts (to eat). Zombies can not open doors, climb ladders, or anything that requires coordination.

    4)Zombies are contagious. The movies have Zombie blood all over everything, and no one cares!!! I'm just saying that if my wife get Zombie blood on her, she's in quarantine (she might end up there anyway depending on the other viable females ).

    5)Everyone has prepared for the nearing Zombie Apocalypse, and has procured their weapon of choice, and has stored enough ammo to hold out a few years. But everyone knows the lighter the round, aka cheaper, the better one can prepare without drawing the wrath of the significant other.

    6)Zombie can "sense" you from ~25 yards away.

    7)You will need to scavenge for supplies, so you will be out in the open with the Zombies.



    With these assumption:
    A shot to the middle of the head needs to penetrate at least 3/4 the way through the head with enough damage to distroy the brain stem.
    A shot from the front, through the nose would not need to go through bone, but shots from behind and the sides would need to penetrate through the skull bone.
    You will be Zombie food in 10 second at 25 yards. So quicker target acquisition is better.
    Single shots to the head are preferred over double taps to conserve ammo.



    I'll start.

    My first thought is my favorite plinker right now - a SIG 522 .22cal, with a red dot. Dead on accurate at 25 yards, magazine fed, cheap ammo ($.05/round for the good stuff), on target fast, very reliable.
    My concern is a .22 cal able to penetrate deep enough and take out the brain stem especially from the side or back of the head?

    So my choice would be my buddies Beretta CX4 Storm 9MM Carbine - 92.
    Single shot kill accurate to 25 yards, magazine fed, semi-cheap ($.25/round), no batteries needed for the iron sights.
    Last edited by cards; 04-01-2011, 11:34 AM.
  • #2
    Outta Control
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 2383

    Based on a the film ZombieMania the author of World War Z stated that the best firearm to have is a shotgun. As for non-firearm weapon was the machete.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

    Comment

    • #3
      soopafly
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 2039

      This:


      because I love the smell of napalm in the morning...


      ...and besides, zombies don't surf!!!
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        woods
        Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 477

        I can only imagine the Brady bunch copying this post and claiming "California gunners are a militia that believe they must arm themselves to fight the undead".

        If they can't tell a clip from a buttstock how do you think they will take this kind of stuff. (The answer is literally)

        Comment

        • #5
          soopafly
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2039

          Originally posted by woods
          If they can't tell a clip from a buttstock how do you think they will take this kind of stuff. (The answer is literally)
          They probably think zombies DO surf.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            tomd1584
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2008
            • 5895

            Dont worry, the whole Zombie thing NNEEEEVVVEERRRR comes up on Calguns.net



            Comment

            • #7
              stix213
              AKA: Joe Censored
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Apr 2009
              • 19002

              haha, I love these threads. I vote AK-47 by the way.

              Comment

              • #8
                killmime1234
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1536

                I imagine the best weapon for the zombie apocalypse would be their teeth. I don't think zombies could wield hand held weapons very well, nor would they have much use for them...

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dooligan
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 8337

                  Harsh language.
                  "Let criminals out. Let illegals in. Let boys in the girls bathrooms. Condemn police officers. Abort babies. Pervert the children. Condemn Christians. Accept barbarity in the name of Islam. Overtax the hard working people. Coddle the lazy. That's the liberal way." -from a posting on "Yahoo"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    shadowofnight
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 3749

                    BFG.....




                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Timberwolf
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 6275

                      I'm only smiling at you while you talk to me because it's hilarious that you really think I give a crap about you.

                      As I've gotten older I thought I was gaining patience, then I realized I simply don't give a crap.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sniper3142
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2004
                        • 2579

                        April First or not, I'm in.

                        I think the most effective way to deal with Zombies is to keep them happy and well fed.

                        A satisfied Zombie is a good Zombie.



                        We should also think about their rights. I mean after all, Zombies are were people to!
                        Internet Talk is Cheap

                        Man Up, Show Up, or Shut the @#$! Up.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74HgbjSCLM

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SemiAutoSam
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 9130

                          SAS disapproves of this thread.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            cvc04
                            Member
                            • Jul 2004
                            • 120

                            Originally posted by Sniper3142
                            April First or not, I'm in.

                            I think the most effective way to deal with Zombies is to keep them happy and well fed.

                            A satisfied Zombie is a good Zombie.



                            We should also think about their rights. I mean after all, Zombies are were people to!
                            Send them to the state legislature for a steady diet of anti-gunners!
                            Deo duce, ferro comitante

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              modernchaos
                              Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 124

                              A good blaster at your side, that's how I'd roll, since we are playing make believe, lol.
                              http://vimel.ru/e6748

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1