Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Boobie trap kills boobie

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mesa Tactical
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2004
    • 1746

    Boobie trap kills boobie

    Officials: Cordova man killed by his own trap

    A Cordova man died of a gunshot wound that officials say was caused by his own homemade security device.

    Mark Alan Garrett, 45, was found dead inside his Eugenia Court home late Monday.

    "There was a gun cabinet that was secured but that if the door was opened beyond a certain point, a weapon in the case would fire," Orangeburg County Coroner Samuetta Marshall said.

    "The door was opened beyond that point," she said.

    The official cause of death is a shotgun blast to the abdomen.
    Lucy at www.mesatactical.com
  • #2
    coyotebait
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 1319

    Classic.
    I don't believe in evolution, but every time I see something like this, it makes me re-examine my beliefs.
    Last edited by coyotebait; 03-24-2011, 3:56 PM. Reason: Added content.
    R.I.P. Chris Kyle. 2/2/13

    Comment

    • #3
      robcoe
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2010
      • 8685

      Natural selection in action
      Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
      No, I will not fix your computer.

      Comment

      • #4
        llamatrnr
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 4194

        Darwin nominee?

        Comment

        • #5
          BayAreaShooter
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2010
          • 5054

          Wow what an idiot. What if that cabinet was opened by a child? Some people just don't think things out.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Flintlock Tom
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 3353

            Are they sure it wasn't a suicide designed to look like an accident?
            "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
            I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

            Comment

            • #7
              stix213
              AKA: Joe Censored
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Apr 2009
              • 19002

              I'm really glad the trap had already been sprung before the officer entered the home looking to help the guy. If that officer had been killed by the trap, that would have been horrible. A human decision needs to control every pull of the trigger. Not an automated and rigged "home security" device.

              Comment

              • #8
                twotap
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 2825

                It was time to thin the herd

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mesa Tactical
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 1746

                  Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                  Are they sure it wasn't a suicide designed to look like an accident?
                  I suspect alcohol might have been involved.
                  Lucy at www.mesatactical.com

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Which Way Out
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1330

                    Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                    Are they sure it wasn't a suicide designed to look like an accident?
                    Sure could be.
                    l
                    l___ ____
                    l/|. ,[__],
                    l---L -=OlllllllO_
                    ()_) ()_)-~--)_)
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      coyotebait
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 1319

                      Originally posted by Mesa Tactical
                      I suspect alcohol might have been involved.
                      I suspect that stupidity may have been involved.
                      R.I.P. Chris Kyle. 2/2/13

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        llamatrnr
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 4194

                        Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                        Are they sure it wasn't a suicide designed to look like an accident?

                        But gutshot?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          dieselpower
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 11471

                          Please tell me who told them the guy rigged this trap himself...I bet that person will benefit from his death.

                          The trap did what it was designed to do... kill the person who opens it.

                          Think about it. Who says he made this trap? What evidense do they have? Someone set the trap, someone set the trap off.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            kel-tec-innovations
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 3931

                            Thats dumb, I can imagine when in emergency to grab your gun and accidently swung the door out too much to grab your shotgun and in the process turning yourselves to burger patty. The robber would be shocked and drop to the floor laughing.
                            WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
                            WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
                            American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
                            WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CitaDeL
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2007
                              • 5843

                              Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                              Are they sure it wasn't a suicide designed to look like an accident?
                              Originally posted by dieselpower
                              Please tell me who told them the guy rigged this trap himself...I bet that person will benefit from his death.

                              The trap did what it was designed to do... kill the person who opens it.

                              Think about it. Who says he made this trap? What evidense do they have? Someone set the trap, someone set the trap off.
                              Too easy to draw conclusions without more information... but the above hypothesis are both reasonable. Murder. Suicide. Stupidity. The firearm doesnt discriminate.



                              Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1