Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Golf buddy shocked over my ccw

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rockman
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 1148

    Golf buddy shocked over my ccw

    I was golfing yesterday with one of my golfing buddies. We were standing on the 8th tee and he asked me what other interests or hobbies I had. I informed him that I love to shoot my handguns. He was totally shocked and appaled that I could even like guns. He stated "GUNS KILL PEOPLE", and I calmly told him no they don't, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. I told him that saying guns kill people, is the same as saying pencils make spelling mistakes. I then told him that I have a ccw. He looked at me kinda queer and asked what the hell that was. So I told him, and he started backing away from me. I then I informed him that one of my carry guns was in my golf bag. He turned real pale and I thought he was going to piss himself. A few holes later I asked him why he was so anti-gun, and he said he was'nt reallyanti- guns, as long as only hunters used them. I told him I believed every law abiding american should have the right to own and carry a gun if they choose to. He said they did, and I had to inform him, not according to our state good ole Ca. Really curious how he will react next time I see him on the golf course.
    LIFE IS SHORT,DEATH IS FOREVER,SO RELAX AND ENJOY THE RIDE!
  • #2
    paul0660
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2007
    • 15669

    You talk way too much.
    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

    Comment

    • #3
      zinfull
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2006
      • 2733

      I hope you told him this when he was putting.

      jerry

      Comment

      • #4
        paul0660
        In Memoriam
        • Jul 2007
        • 15669

        And, unless golf has changed a lot since I played, what does your permit say about carrying and being under the influence?
        *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

        Comment

        • #5
          ZirconJohn
          Rattlesnake Hunter
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2007
          • 10376

          Originally posted by rockman
          "...I then I informed him that one of my carry guns was in my golf bag..."
          Why did you say this...?

          There are a few people, acquaintances etc, I know here in Ukiah... they
          know I have a CCW. I get asked from time to time as I suggest to people
          interested in CCW. When they ask me if I'm carrying right now... I answer 'no'.

          Argue, talk, teach, and discuss all you want with people interested in conversation...

          But... concealed is concealed... even in conversation.
          .
          "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
          "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
          .
          ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

          Comment

          • #6
            pdugan6
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 1150

            this guy sounds like a limp wristed kook

            Comment

            • #7
              Spetsnazos
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 1470

              I dont know why you would tell him that you are currently carrying. He already thought you were going to kill him if he won the golf game...
              -Remington 700 .308, AICS Black, Bushnell 6-24 50 Scope

              -Makarov PM .380 ACP

              -Ruger 10/22, Tapco T6 Stock, Leupold 3-9 40

              Comment

              • #8
                pepsi2451
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 1633

                I don't know what the big deal is about telling people you are carrying. I mean I don't go around advertising it but if it did come up in a conversation I wouldn't have any problem telling people who I know that I am carrying.

                Comment

                • #9
                  beaster
                  Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 284

                  Something tells me you won't have a next time out on the golf course with that particular buddy.
                  NRA and CRPA Member
                  "Absolute liberty is absence of restraint; responsibility is restraint; therefore, the ideally free individual is responsible to himself." -Henry B Adams

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    thrillhouse700
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 4349

                    I wouldn't go out of my way to tell people. In my experiences the less you tell people the less can come back and bite you in the *** later on. I would of course tell my best friend because we have both dreamed of the day we can carry (that day still has not come tho).
                    "I *love* the idea of DOJ buyback money being used to buy guns for kids. " - Steadyrock

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      paul0660
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 15669

                      I wouldn't have any problem telling people who I know that I am carrying.
                      Because, when you are in the Zippyburger, and it gets held up, you don't want your "buddy" yelling "Pepsi draw your gat and put a cap in that ***". You need someone to draw you a picture?

                      Oh yeah, new sig btw.
                      *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Uriah02
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3149

                        Ever hear of baby steps? Going from "I like shooting" to "I am carrying" in one conversation is a bit much...
                        sigpic
                        OIF 07-09 Veteran
                        NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          robcoe
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 8685

                          the only reason to tell him is if he is ahead and is in the middle of a difficult swing.
                          Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
                          No, I will not fix your computer.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            stix213
                            AKA: Joe Censored
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 19002

                            Originally posted by rockman
                            I told him that saying guns kill people, is the same as saying pencils make spelling mistakes.
                            I usually use blaming beer for DUI's or cars for car accidents, but the pencil example is pretty darn good, I'll probably use that one

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CSACANNONEER
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 44094

                              OMFG! You GOLF? Don't you know that golf clubs can and have killed people? Also, many old farts die while golfing. It's a very dangerous sport. BTW, how do you get your timing right to get the ball to go through the windmill blades and into the windmill?
                              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                              Utah CCW Instructor


                              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                              sigpic
                              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                              KM6WLV

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1