Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shipping ammunition using UPS
Collapse
X
-
I know this, but it doesn't matter when the employee tells me otherwise. I wanted to find something to bring in with me to be prepared when they tell me I can't. I'm mainly concered with them telling me it has to go to a dealer.Comment
-
OP, I thought either you had ammo stolen or got crap for picking up ammo, both of which happened to me, when I opened this. I never shipped ammo (why send it away?
) so I haven't experienced this... yet. If they get really mouthy, ask them to cite where it says they have to go to a dealer and ask for the manager.
I heard a lot of stupid, FUD-y statements from my time at a UPS store franchise, but never the Customer Center; just "Man, you make my job hard" or "Ughh, another one of these."
Hope everything goes well.REDACTEDOriginally posted by shakes88I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this threadComment
-
I guess they have to show you the requirement to ship to a dealer (which actually isn't a legal definition, ammo wise. There are gun dealers, there are ammo manufacturers, there are no ammo dealers legally speaking.).
Cartridges, small arms, says orm-d label, no restrictions other than 30kg max.
Don't piss them off, they have the powah.*REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*Comment
-
Maybe I wasn't clear, but I always go to the main hub "customer center". As far as I know, that is the only place you can drop it off... or you can have them pick it up.
I don't "piss them off". I'm always nice, but after a while my patience runs low. I went today and dropped stuff off without a problem.Comment
-
I was just on their site, and I can find nothing has changed with ORM-d other than as of 1/1/11 you can no longer ship ORM-d via UPS ground to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Hazardous materials classed and shipped as ORM-D must be labeled in accordance with 49 CFR 172.316: http://law.justia.com/cfr/title49/49...7.4.25.12.html
And here's the UPS shipping guide for ORM-D: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...ound_ormd.html
And here's the UPS firearms guide, which addresses ammo as well: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res.../firearms.html
And here's the UPS terms and conditions (see section 3.6, this is you best source): http://www.ups.com/media/en/terms_service_us.pdfComment
-
Thanks.. that pretty much all just leads back to the 49cfr172 which I referenced in OP. The labeling part is helpful, though. It doesn't say anything about a sticker or writing.. just that the ORM D has to be a certain size in a rectangular boxI was just on their site, and I can find nothing has changed with ORM-d other than as of 1/1/11 you can no longer ship ORM-d via UPS ground to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Hazardous materials classed and shipped as ORM-D must be labeled in accordance with 49 CFR 172.316: http://law.justia.com/cfr/title49/49...7.4.25.12.html
And here's the UPS shipping guide for ORM-D: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...ound_ormd.html
And here's the UPS firearms guide, which addresses ammo as well: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res.../firearms.html
And here's the UPS terms and conditions (see section 3.6, this is you best source): http://www.ups.com/media/en/terms_service_us.pdfComment
-
You're welcome.
You were also concerned with them telling you to take ship it to a dealer. The terms and conditions 3.6 should be helpful since it clearly says they take ammunition and nowhere does it say it has to go to a FFL.Comment
-
Section 3.10 also addresses ORM-D shipments.Comment
-
-
What more are you looking for? Are you looking for something that says it doesn't have to go to a dealer? It doesn't say it has to go to a dealer. The absence of a requirement is just that.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,355
Posts: 25,147,131
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 26875 users online. 128 members and 26747 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment