I'm looking into buying my first rangefinder. I'd like to get one that can range above 800 yards. I know everyone on the net just raves about the Leica Scan model, but sells for $600 everywhere..... I'd like to spend no more than $300. I'd appreciate any experiences, information and suggestions.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
How's Your Rangefinder?
Collapse
X
-
I bought one of the Bushnell 800's several years ago, for under $200, and it has worked perfectly.
I also compared it with a friends Leica, and both registered the same distances.....so it isn't always necessary to pay out the big bucks for a "better" brand.
By the way, the battery in mine over 2 years old, and I've used it quite a bit, but it still seems to have full power! The scan and "rain" modes work great! -
I play a lot of golf
. I can judge my range out to 600 yards most times which is good enough for my guns. With some practice Mil-dots can be very effective at range finding.
"Calling an illegal alien a "undocumented worker" is like calling the drug dealer hanging around outside your kid's school an "unlicensed pharmacist."Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,472
Posts: 25,148,137
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22061 users online. 46 members and 22015 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment