Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

how to buy a gun off here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Soulres
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 3

    how to buy a gun off here.

    okay so i live in Illinois, the seller lives in California, how do i get teh gun from point A to point B , neither me or the seller know this.
  • #2
    Rob454
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2006
    • 11254

    You find a FFL in your area who can receive a gun from another FFL OR receive the gun directly from a private citizen. You pay the guy for all the charges you both agree to etc, he ships the gun to your FFL you fill out the paperwork etc and you get your gun.
    I think a FFL will only accept a gun from another FFL cause it needs to be shipped within a certain time frame.
    If Im wrong Im sure one of the guys on here will add or correct me.

    Comment

    • #3
      Marine oifvet
      Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 373

      I have done this a few times with a friend of mine from Wa. state. Rob454 is right, however, the seller can ship it to your FFL. If your FFL is ok with it. Some dont like to do it, and some will.

      Comment

      • #4
        Soulres
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 3

        so how do i buy it from him and how does the seller ship it?

        Comment

        • #5
          jtmkinsd
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 2352

          Originally posted by Soulres
          so how do i buy it from him and how does the seller ship it?
          Payment arrangements are up to the parties involved, generally some portion of the money (1/2) is sent to the seller before he ships the gun...you can mail a check/money order, wire it, bank transfer, whatever. When the seller gets the money, he ships the firearm. When gun arrives, you inspect to be sure you got what you're paying for, and send the rest of the money. It's up to the seller, but I always tell them to ask the receiving FFL to hold the firearm until all the money is in their hands.
          Originally posted by orangeglo
          Welcome to failtown, population = you.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ed_Hazard
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2008
            • 5146

            Originally posted by Soulres
            so how do i buy it from him and how does the seller ship it?
            As stated above yu guys work out the payment details. As far as shipping, the way I understand it Long Guns can be shipped via USPS, hand guns however cannot and must be shipped by UPS/FedEx.
            Originally Posted by Sic Boy
            And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
            Originally posted by AJAX22
            Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


            Comment

            • #7
              Hopalong
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 2436

              Personally, it would be tough for me to deal with a total stranger, private person, over the internet, involving guns.

              At least with ebay or Amazon, they have a history and seller rating to check out.

              By the time you pay shipping and FFL fees, you'd have to be getting a really good deal.

              That, in and of itself would raise a flag for me.

              Plus, trusting a total stranger with my money, seems like a gamble.

              I realize people do this and have good experiences, just not for me.

              Comment

              • #8
                Soulres
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 3

                Originally posted by Hopalong
                Personally, it would be tough for me to deal with a total stranger, private person, over the internet, involving guns.

                At least with ebay or Amazon, they have a history and seller rating to check out.

                By the time you pay shipping and FFL fees, you'd have to be getting a really good deal.

                That, in and of itself would raise a flag for me.

                Plus, trusting a total stranger with my money, seems like a gamble.

                I realize people do this and have good experiences, just not for me.
                spring field m1garand no dings or nicks,case 15clips 700 winwangs,its a gooddeal.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bonecrusher
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 1273

                  General rule of thumb, would be to see how many posts this seller have, iTrader is what I go by, but it sounds like this guy wouldn't have any. I have bought many guns/ammo/etc... off people from out of state, and never had a problem. It is a gamble, so if you're spending money that is going to break you or set you back, in the event you get an *** hole , then I say hold off and wait for something local.

                  My thing is, as a buyer, I have their address, should they play any games, I know where I can reach them

                  Whatever you decide, best of luck, and pay via personal check, so you have email proof and proof that they cashed your check for the amount matching the ad for the gun.

                  Also, highlight and copy the entire ad and paste and email it to yourself. Keep for, just in case. Alot of guys will delete their ad or change it and then it won't match your side of it.

                  DON'T SPEND MORE THEN YOU CAN AFFORD.

                  Good luck buddy,
                  Ron


                  ETA - I just checked it out and it does look pretty nice, and definitely a score at the price. Too bad he wouldn't know how to measure the TE/ME. He does mention selling stuff on other forums, see if he'll let you know which ones so you can see his feedback.
                  Last edited by Bonecrusher; 01-20-2011, 10:22 PM.
                  May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
                  - General George Patton Jr

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Turbinator
                    Administrator
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 11960

                    If the seller is on Calguns and has no idea how to legally ship a firearm, then I wonder does the seller even READ Calguns??

                    To the OP / buyer - good luck, the advice above is good from the other posters.

                    Turby

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1