Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

169 lumen cheapy light

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • negolien
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 4829

    169 lumen cheapy light

    Seemed like a good price considering the TLR1s are about 100 bucks eh?

    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

    George Orwell

    http://www.AnySoldier.com
  • #2
    iareConfusE
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 4464

    You willing to bet your life on that light?

    I spent $80 on a TLR-3 a while back, and I thought it was going to be a great light. Everytime I brought it to the range I never thought of firing the gun with the light on, because the range was already lit. This last weekend I tried it out, and as it turned out, my TLR-3 would shut off when I fired the gun (rocker switch was still in the on position). I wouldn't trust my life to that particular light (could have been a lemon) again until I had another that I could constantly test for flawless performance.

    Now think about some off name brand product. If a well known product could have simple issues like these, I probably wouldn't want to be trusting that light with my life.

    Comment

    • #3
      negolien
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 4829

      Wouldn't really call em no names lol. I get you general point though. Was ur 3 an led or the regular?
      "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

      George Orwell

      http://www.AnySoldier.com

      Comment

      • #4
        iareConfusE
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 4464

        Originally posted by negolien
        Wouldn't really call em no names lol. I get you general point though. Was ur 3 an led or the regular?
        LED. I sent it back to Streamlight. I have a feeling that it was just my particular TLR-3. I did a google search and didn't find any other people posting similar problems so, probably just a lemon.

        Comment

        • #5
          KracknCorn
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 785



          4sevens maelstrom g5. 350 lumens for $95.95.
          Hartzler v. City of San Jose.
          "The government owes no duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack."

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1