Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun Ranges in Norcal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jharry
    Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 257

    Gun Ranges in Norcal?

    I have never found a good, current list of Indoor gun ranges in the area. I have found a few, but my i-net searches usually reveal a lot of ranges that are long gone, etc. Or they are missing the ones I know about so they aren't very complete

    Is there a good web site that is maintained? Is there a list on Calguns I don't know about?

    I have found indoor ranges in Chico(Name escapes me - good folks), Yuba City(Shooters Paradise), Elk Grove(Gun Room), Vacaville(GFHoS) and San Rafael (Bullseye)

    I prefer the outdoors - but when I travel - indoors is easier - I'll take inside if it means I can go shooting

    Any good sites Or do you have favorites?
  • #2
    jharry
    Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 257

    Also - is there anything in the Santa Rosa area ??

    Comment

    • #3
      Ed_in_Sac
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 962

      Spec an AR-15 from lower to optic. Real-time compatibility checks, live retailer pricing, save-and-share builds. Free tools, honest tier rankings, 50-state legal data.

      Sacramento Valley Shooting Center is 860+ acres and 13 ranges in Sloughhouse, CA. Public pistol, rifle, and trap shooting plus 30+ affiliated clubs.

      Comment

      • #4
        Soldier415
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2007
        • 9537

        Originally posted by jharry
        Also - is there anything in the Santa Rosa area ??
        Nothing indoor in Santa Rosa.
        Originally posted by harmoniums
        Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
        My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
        Originally posted by bwiese
        Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

        Comment

        • #5
          WILDMAN442
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 1665

          Center Mass in vacaville.

          Indoor and no rifles.

          Justin
          Originally posted by MHShooter
          The whole time I was thinking "perfect calguns story"

          Comment

          • #6
            dlouie87
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 1537

            Chico : safer arms.
            -D

            Comment

            • #7
              redneckshootist
              In Memoriam
              • Mar 2006
              • 1928

              just west of davis is yolo sportsman association off county rd 29 and aviation blvd
              they is black gun friendly, I personally know the all board of directors that run the range.
              07 FFL Woodland, CA
              please call Norse Armory 530-661-0900 for all questions regarding the gun shop.
              you can also email me direct at MValentine@norsearmory.net

              Comment

              • #8
                jharry
                Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 257

                Originally posted by dlouie87
                Chico : safer arms.
                Good Stuff!

                yes - Safer Arms is the place I go when i'm in Chico - Hadn't heard of the Woodland or Vacaville sites - maybe I'll have to be the one to put up a web site.

                Keep em coming!

                How about:
                Napa
                Stockton
                Oroville
                Redding
                Petaluma

                All places I get to from time to time

                I know there's a few in the Bay - not sure what/where

                Comment

                • #9
                  fiddletown
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 4928

                  "It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JSpin
                    Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 163

                    center mass in vacaville is a great little range, and have been told you can shoot pistol cartridge rifles.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      moulton
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 2788

                      Originally posted by jharry
                      Also - is there anything in the Santa Rosa area ??
                      When I was in boy scouts we went to shoot .22's at an indoor range near sebastopol. It was a private club and I don't remember the details much.
                      Originally posted by Soldier415
                      If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      Not everyone is so smart.
                      We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jharry
                        Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 257

                        Originally posted by fiddletown
                        Here is a good example of the problem I also have - I got this from this link:

                        i

                        It seems like these links just stop working so I am looking for new ones......

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CaliforniaLiberal
                          #1 Bull Goose Loony
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 4690

                          Originally posted by redneckshootist
                          just west of davis is yolo sportsman association off county rd 29 and aviation blvd
                          they is black gun friendly, I personally know the all board of directors that run the range.



                          These and also one in Lincoln.

                          The Dillman Range is a public shooting range in Lincoln, CA. We can accept cash or credit. The range does not sell ammo.



                          Oh, and one up the hill almost to Placerville




                          That about cover it for outdoor ranges in the Sacramento area.
                          Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
                          CA Bill Search - https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
                          California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/
                          Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
                          Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
                          Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            fiddletown
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 4928

                            Originally posted by jharry
                            Here is a good example of the problem I also have - I got this from this link:

                            [B]i The webpage cannot be found

                            It seems like these links just stop working so I am looking for new ones......
                            You might try again. I just clicked on the link and went right to the web page.
                            "It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mickey D
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 3502

                              USI in Concord - Outdoor range.
                              ***Honesty is the Foundation of One's Character***

                              *** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

                              ***Mature Up***

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1