Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Have a great Veterans/Remembrance Day

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mj1
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 3318

    Have a great Veterans/Remembrance Day

    From MJ

    WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
    WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
    I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
    The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
  • #2
    Soldier415
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2007
    • 9537

    Originally posted by mj1
    From MJ

    Why are you holding that weapon like it's ol granpappie's briefcase?


    Originally posted by harmoniums
    Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
    My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
    Originally posted by bwiese
    Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

    Comment

    • #3
      Untamed1972
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2009
      • 17579

      Originally posted by Soldier415
      Why are you holding that weapon like it's ol granpappie's briefcase?


      Well they do call that thing on top a "carry handle".
      "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

      Quote for the day:
      "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

      Comment

      • #4
        mj1
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 3318

        I can see Veterans day doesn't apply to you two.
        WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
        WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
        I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
        The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

        Comment

        • #5
          Soldier415
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2007
          • 9537

          Originally posted by Untamed1972
          Well they do call that thing on top a "carry handle".
          Yes, but that only applies to the Navy and Air Force
          Originally posted by harmoniums
          Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
          My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
          Originally posted by bwiese
          Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

          Comment

          • #6
            jaq
            Banned
            • Feb 2009
            • 470

            Originally posted by mj1
            From MJ

            Nice pic. And happy Veteran's Day to you, too ;-)

            BTW everyone who might be interested; I heard that HBO is playing "The Pacific" in its entirety tomorrow.

            Comment

            • #7
              mj1
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • 3318

              So it's just the two of us able to show some respect for the Vet's. The quality of people on calguns is as low as it can get. Nasty all the time.
              WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
              WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
              I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
              The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

              Comment

              • #8
                scarry scarney
                Member
                • Jul 2007
                • 248

                Many Thanks

                Happy Veteran's Day to all you Veterans out there. My Deepest thanks and support go out to you today, and everday. Additionally, many Thanks to your families that supported you, while you where supporting our Great Nation.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Toyman321
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1620

                  Happy Veterans Day! Sadly I will be spending the day at two cemeteries. My wifes Great Uncle just passed away, a Marine who served in the Pacific during WWII. If we have time after the services and the reception we will be taking our daughter to visit her Great Grandfather who also served in the Pacific in the Army, he passed last April. Although I'd much to prefer to be sharing my dinner table with these two great men today I'm thankful we have a day to honor them. Thank you do all who have served!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    smle-man
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 10606

                    Thanks Jack and to you too. We were a lot younger back then eh?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Saigon1965
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 17278

                      Thanks Jack and to all who have been there -

                      I'd buy you all a round if we were close -

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        k1dude
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2009
                        • 15942

                        Happy Veterans Day! Thank you vets and all that are still serving! God bless!
                        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          RHT447
                          Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 239

                          This is not new, but it is fitting for today. For my dad's time in the skies over Germany (see avatar) my time in the cold war, and all those who served before and after...


                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


                          The things they Carried....

                          They carried P-38 can openers and heat tabs,watches and dog tags,insect repellent, gum, cigarettes, Zippo lighters, salt tablets, compress bandages, ponchos, Kool-Aid, two or three canteens of water, iodine tablets,sterno, LRRP- rations, and C-rations stuffed in socks. They carried standard fatigues, jungle boots, bush hats, flak jackets and steel pots. They carried the M-16 assault rifle. They carried trip flares and Claymore mines, M-60 machine guns, the M-70 grenade launcher, M-14's, CAR-15's, Stoners, Swedish K's, 66mm Laws, shotguns, .45 caliber pistols, silencers, the sound of bullets, rockets, and choppers, and sometimes the sound of silence.They carried C-4 plastic explosives, an assortment of hand grenades, PRC-25 radios, knives and machetes. Some carried napalm, CBU's and largebombs; some risked their lives to rescue others. Some escaped the fear, but dealt with the death and damage. Some made very hard decisions, and some just tried to survive. They carried malaria, dysentery, ringworm, jungle rot and leaches. They carried the land itself as it hardened on their boots.
                          They carried stationery, pencils, and pictures of their loved ones - real and imagined. They carried love for people in the real world and love for one another. And sometimes they disguised that love: "Don't mean nothin'! "They carried memories. For the most part, they carried themselves with poise and a kind of dignity. Now and then, there were times when panic set in, and people squealed or wanted to, but couldn't; when they twitched and made moaning sounds and covered their heads and said "Dear God" and hugged the earth and fired their weapons blindly and cringed and begged for the noise to stop and went wild and made stupid promises to themselves and God and their parents, hoping not to die.They carried the traditions of the United States Military, and memories and images of those who served before them. They carried grief, terror, longing and their reputations. They carried the soldier's greatest fear: the embarrassment of dishonor. They crawled into tunnels, walked point, and advanced under fire, so as not to die of embarrassment. They were afraid of dying, but too afraid to show it.They carried the emotional baggage of men and women who might die at any moment.They carried the weight of the world.

                          THEY CARRIED EACH OTHER.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mj1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 3318

                            I still have my old p38 on my truck keys, it's a great tool for a lot of things.

                            WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                            WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                            I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                            The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SgtDinosaur
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 1386

                              Whatever. I'm wearing my Vietnam Veterans of America pin and nobody has said squat. No less than it ever was. I also have a SAC decal and a NDSM decal on the back window of my car and nobody has ever said sqat about those, either. I'm used to it. Wish I had been born about 30 years later. Or earlier.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1