Please forgive my ignorance.
A very generous man bought my daughter the upper for an M4 and she built the rifle from the ground up under his supervision. It's her "baby."
The problem is this, after we shot it and we took it apart to clean it we found that the firing pin cotter pin was spread too far apart and it was a bear to try to get back in when we put it back together.
Circumstances changed and I don't know if I'll see this man again and he was our expert in these things, so I'm completely lost.
Do I call DelTon where he bought the M4 upper from and tell them what part I need since it obviously came to us new that way? Or, is there just some generic place we can purchase a firing pin cotter pin in the Bay Area for an M4?
Thanks for your help. My daughter is eager to practice disassembling and assembling her "baby."
A very generous man bought my daughter the upper for an M4 and she built the rifle from the ground up under his supervision. It's her "baby."
The problem is this, after we shot it and we took it apart to clean it we found that the firing pin cotter pin was spread too far apart and it was a bear to try to get back in when we put it back together.
Circumstances changed and I don't know if I'll see this man again and he was our expert in these things, so I'm completely lost.
Do I call DelTon where he bought the M4 upper from and tell them what part I need since it obviously came to us new that way? Or, is there just some generic place we can purchase a firing pin cotter pin in the Bay Area for an M4?Thanks for your help. My daughter is eager to practice disassembling and assembling her "baby."

Comment