Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Was 38spl ever as cheap as 9mm or 40?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mike100
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 2507

    Was 38spl ever as cheap as 9mm or 40?

    Back in the 70's when 38 spl was the preferred security and police round of the day, was it a bargain like 9mm and 40 is now? The "What gun do you have the most rounds through" thread made me think about the economics of caliber popularity.

    Now that I reload, 38 spl is an easy choice since it reloads pretty cheaply and will treat my current revolver-itis condition.

    I'm going to guess that 357 mag has always been expensive.
  • #2
    Fjold
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 23064

    Yes, 38 special ammo used to be the cheapest ammunition that you could buy. I used to buy professionally reloaded 38 special wadcutters for $4/box and if I turned in my old brass they were $3/box.
    Frank

    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1