Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help Me Pick a 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vin496
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 8804

    Help Me Pick a 1911

    OK, I can't decide between these two. I want another bobtail after I got rid of my Nighthawk PII.

    I currently have a Wilson and love it, but that Volkmann is extra sweet.

    The Wilson Supergrade is supposed to be built by one smith, and Luke Volkmann is a 1 man operation.



    I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

    and

    If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".
  • #2
    Greg-Dawg
    Banned
    • Oct 2006
    • 7793

    I like the Volk.

    Comment

    • #3
      Vin496
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 8804

      Originally posted by Greg-Dawg
      I like the Volk.
      Yeah that Volk would make me juicy if I could get juicy.
      I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

      and

      If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

      Comment

      • #4
        verapakill
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 1185

        I like the look of the Combat
        sigpic
        Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574

        Comment

        • #5
          NiteQwill
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2007
          • 6368

          Volkmann

          Or... flip a coin.

          The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

          Comment

          • #6
            Saigon1965
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Nov 2003
            • 17278

            I like the Volk - How long is the wait?

            Comment

            • #7
              i1800collect
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 1814

              Volkmann.

              Didn't Luke Volkmann used to work for Ed Brown? It'd explain why his 1911s share so many styling cues with Ed Brown's 1911s.

              Comment

              • #8
                Vin496
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2008
                • 8804

                Originally posted by saigon1965
                I like the Volk - How long is the wait?
                No wait for that one, it's in inventory.

                Originally posted by i1800collect
                Volkmann.

                Didn't Luke Volkmann used to work for Ed Brown? It'd explain why his 1911s share so many styling cues with Ed Brown's 1911s.
                Yes, he used to be an Ed Brown Employee.


                O.K.

                I pulled the trigger on the Volks(layaway), should have it by Christmas.

                p.s.- I have no self control.
                I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                and

                If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                Comment

                • #9
                  i1800collect
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1814

                  Originally posted by Vin496
                  O.K.

                  I pulled the trigger on the Volks(layaway), should have it by Christmas.

                  p.s.- I have no self control.


                  Nice find, expecting a review and lots of photos of course.

                  That's the Volkmann Combatant?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Vin496
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 8804

                    Originally posted by i1800collect


                    Nice find, expecting a review and lots of photos of course.

                    That's the Volkmann Combatant?
                    Combat Carry


                    From Gunslingers


                    If you guys have any 1911 semi/custom needs I highly recommend Gunslinger, George the owner is 1st rate and awesome with communication, and don't get me started on his 1st rate prices. I'm telling you I saved over $700 on my last Wilson purchase by using him, even though it was a Custom order, and he is happy to sell to California.

                    I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                    and

                    If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1