Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
9mm Epiphany
Collapse
X
-
Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...
I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.
Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.
Secret Club Member?. -
It's a legitimate question...
I prefer 9mm for several reasons.
1. It can be found worldwide.
2. The round is relatively inexpensive compared to other calibers.
3. I am a believer in shot placement over grain or cartridge for handguns.Your Enemy Is Training Harder Than You AreComment
-
Every time I pass pass this thread, I think it's about me
the funny thing is that I shoot a lot of unusual calibers, from a Colt .25ACP to a S&W .44spl
I train with the 9mm a lot, because when you go through a lot of round, the recoil really does wear on your elbows and wrist. plus I use it, and the .22lr, to introduce new shooters to proper technique without having to contend with them developing bad habits due to flash and bang.
When teaching I usually have my 220ST .45ACP, because I don't shoot that much when teaching, it's accurate with whatever local ammo I stubble across and It doesn't look as racy as my modded 226ST when I demo a technique. I'd teach with my G19, but it's harder to teach the DA trigger stroke with it's shorter travel...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's TaleComment
-
9x19 is just about perfect. It works for CCW or full size duty. The only place 9mm doesn't belong is the great outdoors. Gotta love it for everything else: +P loadings, price, availability, mag capacity, and of course... 92FS, G17 (19, 26), Sig P226... ect.Comment
-
I shoot two auto loading calibers (9mm and 45) and two revolver flavors (38/357 and 44spl/44mag). 4 sets of dies two different primer types.
I'm not sure I'm ready to just go with 9mm, but if I had to due to some law change, I'd retire the revolvers and make the decision on the 45 vs 9mm.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,474
Posts: 25,148,143
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 25019 users online. 44 members and 24975 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment