Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Montana Hawk/ North Bay Firearms/ Bad Service!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 308fan
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 608

    Montana Hawk/ North Bay Firearms/ Bad Service!

    I drove an hour to get there last night so I could private party transfer a gun to a guy who drove an hour from the other direction. Before deciding on this dealer to do the transfer, I called to verify hours and that they did ppt. They told me "sure no problem come on in, were open till 8m tomorrow". O also confirmed the hours on their web site. So when we showed up at 6m the guy working there says sorry I can't do the transfer were closing in 30 minutes. Say What??? I told him I had called to verify hours and was told to come in. We talked about this problem, explained the long drive involved and told him we were told to come in, by someone from there shop only the day before. The guy called the owner and the owner said no, don't do it, I'm not paying overtime. Apparently they did not have someone to work from 6 to 8 yesterday so they decided to close at 6:30. The owner of the place just lost two customers. I have shot there many times, but will never set foot in that place again. I run my own business as well and I would never do that to a customer.
    308fan
    Utah CCW Instructor
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
  • #2
    hybridatsun350
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2007
    • 5336

    I'm sorry to hear that...and you wonder why the place is up for sale!
    Dom

    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Comment

    • #3
      Gshock
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 606

      I went in there only to buy a bottle of CLP, I'm standing there holding this bottle for a couple minutes while the only guy working there is doing a DROS for someone, he tells me he'll be right with me. So I stood there for 15 minutes while this jerk is just watching his customer fill out the forms, not filling out forms himself, just watching the customer couldn't take 30 seconds to sell me a little bottle. I'm glad to hear it's for sale, maybe now they will actually have some guns and accesories for sale
      Originally posted by Theseus
      My friends and I used to spray each other with pepper spray to build up an immunity. . . It didn't work.

      Comment

      • #4
        hybridatsun350
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2007
        • 5336

        Nope. The place is practically empty already. All they've got left is various stuff like gun cases, ammo boxes, and a gun here and there.
        Dom

        ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

        Comment

        • #5
          moulton
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 2788

          +1 their service sucks and are way over priced on most guns. I only bought a savage 110 in .270 there because it was the only store in the area that had one in stock. I refuse to go there anymore.
          Originally posted by Soldier415
          If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Not everyone is so smart.
          We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

          Comment

          • #6
            dwtt
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 7470

            This is the norm for Montana Hawk. I did a ppt of a pistol I bought from somone in Santa Rosa at this place. They wouldn't even start the dros until after I bought one of their gun locks for $10 even though the state law requires us to show a receipt before we pick up the gun. Then while the computer was doing it's thing and processing the info with the DOJ, the jerk behind the counter said that if I failed the background check, they would turn the handgun over to the DOJ for destruction. I guess they thought they automatically owned any handgun brought in for PPT. If Montana Hawk goes out of business, gun owners in CA would be well served.

            Comment

            • #7
              avidone
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2005
              • 946

              I was the other guy that drove up there to meet for the PPT. It was very frustrating!!!! In the time it took him to tell us no, and call his boss, we would have been done with the paperwork. I even offered to pay the clerk his hourly wage to stay and do the transfer. I can't believe the owner would not even consider any possibility but I guess if he is selling the place why would he care (besides being a generally decent human being who wants to do the right thing). Trying to do PPTs in CA is starting to drive me crazy.
              Originally posted by ViPER395
              Surrender yourself and your vessel..........Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
              Originally posted by pnkssbtz
              In short, there is no justice. It is a commodity sold to the highest bidder.

              Comment

              • #8
                halifax
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 4440

                Originally posted by dwtt
                This is the norm for Montana Hawk. I did a ppt of a pistol I bought from somone in Santa Rosa at this place. They wouldn't even start the dros until after I bought one of their gun locks for $10 even though the state law requires us to show a receipt before we pick up the gun. Then while the computer was doing it's thing and processing the info with the DOJ, the jerk behind the counter said that if I failed the background check, they would turn the handgun over to the DOJ for destruction. I guess they thought they automatically owned any handgun brought in for PPT. If Montana Hawk goes out of business, gun owners in CA would be well served.
                Interesting conundrum...doesn't the DROS software require the make/model number of the approved safety device (or "SAFE AFFIDAVIT ON FILE") be entered into the comment field at the time the DROS is submitted? Or can it just be written in later?

                As for Montana Hawk customer service, I called them once to find out if the had a SIG P245 in stock and was told "I don't know. You'll have to come in and look". I explained that I was more than an hour away and asked if he could find out and call me back. His answer..."Nope"
                Jim


                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  gunshack
                  Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 271

                  This is helpful



                  This thread is very timely for me, personally.

                  Please continue with the criticism, I appreciate it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Soldier415
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 9537

                    Hey Gunshack,

                    I don't know where in the bay you live, but for PPT i have to once again recommend Darin's Gun Exchange in Downtown Napa.

                    I went through him when i sold my 1911 to a friend. Fast, efficient and friendly service and does not charge an arm and a leg for doing the transfer.

                    Both my friend and i went in, and 15-20 minutes later we were driving away, all paperwork done.

                    PM me if you need more info
                    Originally posted by harmoniums
                    Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
                    My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
                    Originally posted by bwiese
                    Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tenpercentfirearms
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 13007

                      You can type the gun lock information into the DROS if you want. I just write it in later as it is much easier to do that way.
                      Last edited by tenpercentfirearms; 05-14-2007, 9:32 PM.
                      www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hybridatsun350
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 5336

                        So I just went down to Northbay firearms to pick up a rifle that I bought there 11 days ago(they were selling it on consignment), and they told me to bring proof of address so I did. Well my damn registration card says it is valid 6/14/07 through 6/14/08 so I guess now I'm thoroughly f*cked now! Sorry, I just have to rant I am so pissed off...
                        Dom

                        ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          thedrickel
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 5581

                          Originally posted by hybridatsun350
                          So I just went down to Northbay firearms to pick up a rifle that I bought there 11 days ago(they were selling it on consignment), and they told me to bring proof of address so I did. Well my damn registration card says it is valid 6/14/07 through 6/14/08 so I guess now I'm thoroughly f*cked now! Sorry, I just have to rant I am so pissed off...
                          Why do you need proof of residence for a long gun?
                          I hate people that are full of hate.

                          It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            hybridatsun350
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 5336

                            Originally posted by thedrickel
                            Why do you need proof of residence for a long gun?
                            My drivers license has my old address on it. I have used that same registration card to buy guns from different dealers. That's what pisses me off!
                            Dom

                            ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gunshack
                              Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 271

                              Originally posted by hybridatsun350
                              So I just went down to Northbay firearms to pick up a rifle that I bought there 11 days ago(they were selling it on consignment), and they told me to bring proof of address so I did. Well my damn registration card says it is valid 6/14/07 through 6/14/08 so I guess now I'm thoroughly f*cked now! Sorry, I just have to rant I am so pissed off...
                              That's very frustrating. What makes it more frustrating, I remember when Montana Hawk was the coolest gun shop around. But, that was two owners ago.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1