Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

finally saw Top Shot and...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mif_slim
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 10089

    finally saw Top Shot and...

    the fuse challenge was pretty cool. then then handgun and rifles shooting ballon..... too easy! I thought they were gonna go 20, 100, 150, 200, 250/300 yards but they only did 25 yard increments! that's too easy. would of put a lot of folks on the hot seat is it was longer distance.

    either way, cool show and I don't mind watching te season finale!
    Originally posted by Gottmituns
    It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.
  • #2
    Greg-Dawg
    Banned
    • Oct 2006
    • 7793

    I like the last challenge where not only do you have to hit your target, but you have to be in shape to run that hill.

    Comment

    • #3
      ir0nclash86
      Veteran Member
      • May 2010
      • 3609

      I'm pretty sure if Kelly didn't load up those extra rounds in every weapon he wouldn't have been eliminated. It sucks to go first cause everyone who follows after you now has a better idea of how to do it more efficiently.

      Comment

      • #4
        ilkhan
        Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 201

        Originally posted by ir0nclash86
        I'm pretty sure if Kelly didn't load up those extra rounds in every weapon he wouldn't have been eliminated. It sucks to go first cause everyone who follows after you now has a better idea of how to do it more efficiently.
        yup. And if he had missed one, pistol maybe, the rest would have loaded extras too.
        I was sad to see kelly go.
        "Or, let Oregon have the northern counties, let NV and AZ have the eastern counties, and turn the western counties into a Federal wildlife sanctuary where the rest of the country can come and see emotional, barely sentient Californians in the wild." - bulgron

        Comment

        • #5
          shooting4life
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2009
          • 5770

          They really need to make the rifle stuff more of a challenge. I am not that great of a shot but I could have puller off those rifle shots even while running up the hill as fast as they could have. They should of had the mosin shot out to like 400 yards.

          Comment

          • #6
            cyclenut
            Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 277

            It wasn't just adding extra rounds. Kelly also took precious seconds when he had to take his shooting glasses on and off while running up the hill because of this taped eye.

            Comment

            • #7
              Falstaff
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 2317

              spoilers!!

              Comment

              • #8
                Tanner68
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 2147

                While I understand their reasoning for an expanded definition of marksman, the show is lacking any kind of distance event. And it is hard to take distance out of the equation of being a marksman. All the shots, even the longest rifle shots so far, have been decidedly short range. I was glad to see them introduce running up the hill and then shooting, but the shots were still too close and none of the shooters were seriously challenged.

                Comment

                • #9
                  DVSmith
                  Cantankerous old coot
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 3702

                  The contrived conflicts annoy me. They should stick to shooting and leave the interpersonal stuff out of it. Other than that, it is entertaining.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Johnny.B.Good
                    Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 175

                    Originally posted by ilkhan
                    yup. And if he had missed one, pistol maybe, the rest would have loaded extras too.
                    I was sad to see kelly go.
                    I wasn't a big Kelly fan in the beginning (not that I am a big Kelly fan now), but I did grow to respect him for the way he handled himself in elimination challenge after elimination challenge. Denny was my least favorite shooter hands down...plus he seems like a choke artist!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      9mmepiphany
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 8075

                      Originally posted by DVSmith
                      The contrived conflicts annoy me. They should stick to shooting and leave the interpersonal stuff out of it. Other than that, it is entertaining.
                      it isn't a show geared exclusively to shooters, it is designed to appeal to folks on the fence...like the wives/girlfriends of shooters.

                      like any good show, their success is based on your caring about the characters. without the drama, you wouldn't even know the characters and the show wouldn't have been picked up for a 2nd season.

                      for a non-dedicated shooter, watching shooting is about as boring as fencing or croquet...even curling is more interesting to watch
                      ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1