Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

R & D Enterprises Gun Safes ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hpearce
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 562

    R & D Enterprises Gun Safes ???

    Hey,

    Does anyone know what happened to R & D Enterprises.
    I have purchased two handgun safes from them over the past 15 years.
    Now their 1-800 # does not work and their website is 404.

    Are they still around - their safes were the best.
    I have had three Secure Vaults give up the ghost on me recently.

    Where can buy similar a mechanical gun safe product?

    Best,

    Howard
  • #2
    tzahoy
    Member
    • Jan 2005
    • 449

    I have a couple V-line safes that are similar t the R&D. They're very high quality, shop around and you can find decent deals on them, but they're not cheap.

    Comment

    • #3
      hpearce
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 562

      where did you buy the V-Lines???

      My R & D's were not cheep either, but I have three secure vaults sitting in a pile - now.
      I would rather spend a bit more once than to throw away the same.

      Thanks for your info.

      Comment

      • #4
        tzahoy
        Member
        • Jan 2005
        • 449

        I don't recall I've had them for years now. What went wrong with your R&D safes? I looked at them when I bought the V-line and they looked very well made. I'm surprised anything would go wrong with them.

        Comment

        • #5
          hpearce
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 562

          Nothing is wrong with my R&D safe, they are great and I want more.

          My Secure Vaults are a piece of junk.
          They stop working, motor on the bold dies.

          I found V line on line.

          Thanks

          Comment

          • #6
            tzahoy
            Member
            • Jan 2005
            • 449

            Oh, gotcha, just re-read your post. You'll be happy with the V-line. I won't buy any electronic safe. Too much junk inside...

            Comment

            • #7
              RUBYVALLEY
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 1

              The Fort Knox pistol box uses the same mechanical lock like the R&D style plus they warranty everything for a lifetime. It is also heavier than the others out there today. R&D closed there doors few years back.

              Comment

              • #8
                hpearce
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 562

                Thanks for the info Rubyvalley, I will check Fort Knox out.

                Comment

                • #9
                  tzahoy
                  Member
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 449

                  This is one of the best prices I've seen on this type of safe:

                  Welcome to LA Police Gear, your online tactical store for all your Tactical Gear needs. We have police equipment, tactical gear, and more for everyone, so shop today!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hpearce
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 562

                    Yep, I have seen them, but it is also electronic.

                    BTW - Secure Vault has authorized replacement of my two electronic vaults.
                    Hopefully, they will preform better than the first units.

                    I purchase two units in March 2010, this past weekend I was testing the units by opening them. One motor just grunted and did not open and the other unit no power/nothing.
                    I replaced with fresh batteries, still nothing, replaced with different set of fresh batteries - nothing.

                    Thanks

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tzahoy
                      Member
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 449

                      Doh! You're right. I thought it was a Simplex lock like the R&D or V-line. I guess the 9v battery gives it away. Junk!

                      Thanks for saving me from buying one. I was seriously considering it!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hpearce
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 562

                        I like the units from Fort Knox - not bad priced either.

                        But I really like the left/right - horizontal door opening of the R & D.
                        I have not found any like them.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hpearce
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 562

                          Units back to Secure Vault today - will update to results.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1