Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Overpriced, recently....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • WhiteHot
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 263

    Overpriced, recently....

    Anyone noticed that there are quite a few things in the for sale section that are way overpriced? I see used guns with an asking price of roughly the same price you could buy a new one for.

    There are quite a few things I would be a buyer of for the right price and I see them bumped over and over again. Your plain jane AR isnt worth more than it cost to build and your glock isnt worth what you paid for it after you leave the store. Sorry, this aint last year.

  • #2
    audihenry
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 2909

    Cue the 304 posts saying, "This is 'merica, supply and demand" and "What are you, a commie?"

    Another 138 agreeing with you (myself included), with the rest trying to protect the newbs from predatory pricing.

    But seriously, a lot of people have their heads really, really far up their arses when it comes to pricing. Either they don't check to see what the market price is (without trying to establish a new one 20%+ over, in most cases), or they have an emotional bond with it and are trying to get every last penny they paid for it.

    Comment

    • #3
      NorCalDustin
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 1463

      I dont think it's happening with vendor's... But I think somepeople, are going a little crazy.

      I mean, A local gun store of mine will sell you a new DDM4 for $1200 + DROS... So your DDM4 is not worth $1600...

      Your year old glock that has < 300 rounds down the pipe is not worth $500 when I can go local and buy a new one for less than that.

      Your 20 year old 10/22 mag's are not worth $20/ea.

      Your plain pistol grip's are not worth $20/ea either.


      Anyway, the solution is fairly simple. Avoid people who price like that. I mean it's one thing to sell say a "Cal Bear" Lower for more than you paid for it... Because its not like you can just go get one anywhere. It's another to try to get people to overpay for used items that can be had new for less.
      Originally posted by BannedinBritain
      The only dumb question is the one you don't ask...and get arrested for later.

      Comment

      • #4
        Unit74
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2359

        If you have not noticed, there are a lot of ads that are overpriced and have been bumped a billion times too..


        Everyone has their buying price and selling price. I was not too interested in selling a pistol recently but a buyer asked me if I would. I said, sure for $$$ hoping it would drive him away. Nope. He wanted the gun and made one helluva trip to get it from me. I was happy with he price and he was ecstatic to get the pistol.

        As Audi said, it's a mixed bag of opinions.


        What burns me is when someone tells a guy your way over priced and the "thread crapper police" jump all over another members back. But a fact is a fact and why should we not get in there and warn potential buyers about the gross overcharge they are about to suffer? I'd rather be labeled a crapper than let some poor sap get taken to the cleaners for sure. That is just the right thing to do. It's called taking care of our own. You wouldn't let your buddy buy that gun at $$$, so why would you let some other guy get hosed? Very selfish to me.


        Just my thoughts on the matter.

        Comment

        • #5
          B.D.Dubloon
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 4873

          Originally posted by Unit74
          What burns me is when someone tells a guy your way over priced and the "thread crapper police" jump all over another members back. But a fact is a fact and why should we not get in there and warn potential buyers about the gross overcharge they are about to suffer? I'd rather be labeled a crapper than let some poor sap get taken to the cleaners for sure. That is just the right thing to do. It's called taking care of our own. You wouldn't let your buddy buy that gun at $$$, so why would you let some other guy get hosed? Very selfish to me.
          I agree, it shouldn't be thread crapping to mention the price of a new gun in the for sale thread of a used gun of the same model.

          Comment

          • #6
            offrdmania
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 4053

            To the OP. Please use the search tool, thats what its there for. This topic has been posted time and time again. The same responses comes every time. If you dont like the price,use your back button and move on.
            Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

            Comment

            • #7
              ChrisTKHarris
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 4203

              If you don't like it, don't buy it. Plain and simple.
              Don't let the name fool you...

              Comment

              • #8
                69Mach1
                Super Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2006
                • 15032

                Not this again.....
                sigpic
                69Mach1
                munkeeboi
                TURBOELKY
                antix2
                WTSGDYBBR
                tujungatoes
                jmpgnr24K

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1