I've been a gun owner for over 40 years now, but I've never had to register my firearms except when stationed on a military reservation. I've got 3 rifles, a shotgun, two handguns, and 1 black powder pistol (replica). I haven't fired any of them in over 30 years, so I haven't kept up on any regulations. My question is: Under current California Law am I required to file/submit something to the DOJ so I'm not breaking a law by having them in my house? This may sound like a stupid question, but I just don't know the correct answer. Can anyone give assistance?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
California Weapons Registration Question
Collapse
X
-
California Weapons Registration Question
Tags: None -
Nope. You are all good and welcome -
Long guns and shotguns are not registered in California (yet).
Handguns must be registered when transferred to a new owner.
Handguns that were purchased prior to 1991 are not registered, and there is no requirement to register them until they are sold.- Rich

Originally posted by dantoddA just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,699
Posts: 25,150,626
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 14325 users online. 83 members and 14242 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment