Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So My Parents Think I Am Crazy Now

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Solutions
    Banned
    • Jun 2010
    • 8

    So My Parents Think I Am Crazy Now

    I come from a rather anti-gun family. Last week I bought 500 rounds of 7.62 ammo from a mail order site.

    Today when I wasnt home the package arrived and my mom signed for it. When I came home she asked me what it was and why it was so heavy. I told it was some ammo I bought.

    She freaks out and calls in my dad and they question me on why I need so many bullets !! I told her its a perfectly normal amount of ammo and since CA is going to ban alot of ammo purcheses that its a good idea to stock up.

    My mom says tha I "only need a few bullets" and "normal people dont buy arsenals". I am fully expecting the police and media to wake me up at 4am and raid my room and tell everyone they just prevented a school shooting and saved 1000 kids lives.
    Last edited by Solutions; 06-24-2010, 11:15 PM.
  • #2
    Brianguy
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3836

    Originally posted by Solutions
    I come from a rather anti-gun family. Last week I bought 500 rounds of 7.62 ammo from a mail order site.

    Today when I wasnt home the package arrived and my mom signed for it. When I came home she asked me what it was and why it was so heavy. I told it was some ammo I bought.

    She freaks out and calls in my dad and they question me on why I need so many bullets !! I told her its a perfectly normal amount of ammo and since CA is going to alot of ammo purcheses that its a good idea to stock up.

    My mom says tha I "only need a few bullets" and "normal people dont buy arsenals". I am fully expecting the police and media to wake me up at 4am and raid my room and tell everyone they just prevented a school shooting and saved 1000 kids lives.
    Freak out on your mom when she goes to costco and buys a 50 roll pack of toilet paper Normal people only need a few rolls...

    Comment

    • #3
      mswanson223
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 685

      Toilet paper is like ammo, you cant have too much of it.

      Comment

      • #4
        UserM4
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 1687

        Take her shooting. /thread
        While we're here arguing about the latest high tech running shoes, there's some Kenyan out there running barefoot. Guess who's gonna win the marathon?

        Comment

        • #5
          trilogy
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 669

          I dealt with the same thing...they get over it. Offer to take them out or show them how to safely use what you have, even if they say no make it clear that the offer is always open. Sooner or later they will get curious.

          --Matt

          Comment

          • #6
            Full Clip
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Dec 2006
            • 10266

            Solution: Move out.

            Comment

            • #7
              Sajedene
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 1889

              Besides everything else mentioned, I would have approached it using the angle of cost. As in, it is cheaper for you to buy in bulk, taking into consideration that you have to use bullets to target practice, blah blah blah.

              Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.

              Comment

              • #8
                Solutions
                Banned
                • Jun 2010
                • 8

                Originally posted by Full Clip
                Solution: Move out.
                whaaaaat ? and pay rent instead of living for free ? are you crazy ?!?! how do you think i afford my guns and ammo

                Comment

                • #9
                  Backinblack1234
                  Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 361

                  Move out. You got to stick with your principals even if they are family.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Solutions
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 8

                    Originally posted by Backinblack1234
                    Move out. You got to stick with your principals even if they are family.
                    I like my parents. They are just looney about guns though.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Daesu
                      Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 258

                      when i was 18ish my mom was like that,very ''guns kill people",until some guy tried to break into her house and now she has a shotgun i bought her and we have even gone to the range a couple of times.Its funny how a persons opinion changes when they get hit with reality

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Uriah02
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3149

                        Loony or ignorant. I personally like the statistic along the lines of CCW permit holders are 783 times less likely to commit a crime compared to the general populace.
                        sigpic
                        OIF 07-09 Veteran
                        NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SJgunguy24
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • May 2008
                          • 14849

                          Originally posted by Solutions
                          I like my parents. They are just looney about guns though.
                          When she buys milk tell her to only buy it by the 8oz container. My mother was the same way as was my stepfather. My stepfather has since removed his head from his rectim and now see's what's going on. I built him an AK and he's squared up and GTG.
                          There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                          The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                          The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                          The others, well......they just never learn.

                          "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                          Patrick Henry.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Quiet
                            retired Goon
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 30242

                            Tell your parents, it's all about money management and how it's less expensive to buy in bulk.
                            sigpic

                            "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              thevic
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 1910

                              my parents thought i was crazy and going to go on a shooting spree (i believe mostly due to my brother being a big gangbanger and caused lots of grief). but now they dont mind much that im always hanging out with LEOs and goig on hunting trips w/ em
                              Victor M.

                              Spartan Precision Rifles 07 FFL/SOT
                              Caldwell, ID

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1