Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

greetings from louisville, KY

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • moulton
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 2788

    greetings from louisville, KY

    just got into to louisville for the knob creek MG shoot. man its been a long day....delayed flights, power outages in the airport and of corse white castle burgers at 1 am in the morning. will post video and much more info later. Anyone else here for the shoot?
    Originally posted by Soldier415
    If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Not everyone is so smart.
    We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...
  • #2
    30Cal
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 1487

    Bring some Pappy van Winkles (bourbon) back! Wish I was there.

    Ty

    Comment

    • #3
      guimus
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 862

      and some Ale-8-1 !

      Comment

      • #4
        moulton
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 2788

        Yesterday
        just got in to louisville.... our flight from midway was 1 hour late and when we land a the airport the friggen terminal power is off. so we had to wait 15 minutes to use one of the two wheeled stairways for the entire airport as the jetway thingamajigs wernt opperating. we walk dow to baggage claim and wait about 1 hour for people to start throwing our checked bags out onto the non moving carrasell. we checked into the days inn and then went out to get somthing to eat (it was about 12:00 by now) most restraunts are closed but allas White castle is open, we get some grub, head back to the room and turn on the TV.....but the cable dosent work, at least the wifi does.

        Today
        We woke up around 10:30 (after staying up until 2 am) ate at the waffle
        house then went looking for a junk/surplus gun store, after going half way across Louisville we found out we missed the place and should have been going the other way. we eventually found the place (biff's gun shop or smothing like that), my uncle bought some reloading gear and I saw a sweet looking Norico factory 36 in a horendusly ugly stock but other than that in great condition for $180. I was really tempted but I saved my money. after that we went to the patton museum (that place is awsome - alot of old WWI,WWII, vietnam and current day tanks. they also had the siminov antitank rifle behind a display case) around 4 pm we went two gun shops, dont remember their name. then we ate dinner and ventured over the ohio river to indiana and went to the bass pro shop. that place is massive, twice as big as the cabelas in Utah, it has 3 stories and a 5 star seafood restraunt.

        tommorow is the big shoot 8)
        Originally posted by Soldier415
        If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
        Originally posted by ar15barrels
        Not everyone is so smart.
        We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

        Comment

        • #5
          moulton
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 2788

          today was exhosting. We started out going through the gun show and looked for a solid 3 hours, there was sooooooo many cool guns, I met bloom automatic at table c-17. we talked and he gave me 2 bumper stickers, I bought a sweet folding knife from another guy. after that we went down to the jungle walk and signed up there.... a few hours later I found myself going through the jungles of vietnam carrying a israeli made uzi.....not quite I found my self look like a newb and missing alot of shots and taking 5 minutes to complete the course. good thing is Im doing it again tommorow.... the better thing is its only $20 . we went through the rest of the gun show taking two more hours. then we went up to the firing line during intermission and talked with some of the gun operators. he said 80$ for 100 rds. in .308, 30.06 or 25 rounds in 50 bmg. I chose the .308 m240 SAW and started blasting away at a car about 200 meters down range. it was awkword because I couldnt look down the sights due to it being mounted on a tripod and so low to the ground. but I fired away with tracers hitting the target 1/3 of the time.

          tommorow I want to go on the helo ride which only costs $70 and get in some rental time. over all I would say there was 7000 people there and 100 vendors
          Originally posted by Soldier415
          If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Not everyone is so smart.
          We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

          Comment

          • #6
            moulton
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 2788

            today was the greatest so far we went through the jungle walk and I was able to get 17 out of 18 targets in 4:30. then we rented several machine guns, ther was the Fullauto AK-47, German mg-42 and russian PKM beltfed 7.62x54r . after that I bought a m-16 a1 upper with only a little handeling wear and a pristine barrel for $175, along with a bayonet.....OLL time for me the only bad part of the day was freezing cold rain all day, but that kept alot of people away
            Originally posted by Soldier415
            If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            Not everyone is so smart.
            We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1