Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New female member Sahara

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jonnyt16
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1749

    New female member Sahara

    Hello all! Wasn't sure if I should have posted in here or in the New Members area but here goes. My name is Sahara and I just recently decided to carry concealed! I'm actually a 2007 Jeep Wrangler and I belong to my pilot, the very handsome jonnyt16.

    Jonnyt16 has his CCW license but he sometimes finds it uncomfortable to wear his CZ 75 on his body while driving me, especially long distances. So, I took it upon myself to help him out.

    All I did was buy a left-handed Fobus paddle holster, cut some of the excess paddle off and heated the remaining paddle with his fiance's hairdryer so I could mold it flat and get rid of the curve in order for it to fit flush against my center console. Then I drilled a small hole in the paddle and used my existing torx bolt that holds the side panel on to my console to attach the holster to it. Simple as that!

    Finally, jonnyt16 has somewhere secure to put his favorite pistol while taking me out for a spin instead of placing it on the seat or the floor where it can slide around and get dirty. And the best part is, it is totally accessible and quick to draw should he ever need it. Jonnyt16 was so thrilled when I showed him that he promised to take me out this weekend to play in the mud!!


    I included some photos of me carrying so ya'll can see. Here I am from the front...CZ 75 totally concealed.
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Here is a shot of my side. Again, totally concealed and no printing whatsoever...
    [IMG][/IMG]


    But, upon closer inspection....voila!!
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Here's a view from the pilot's seat....
    [IMG][/IMG]


    A little closer....
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Now a look from my passenger side. You can see the other black torx bolt on this side of the console that I used for the holster. Hey, maybe I'll mount a universal holster on this side for some of jonnyt16's ccw carrying friends!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by jonnyt16; 05-21-2010, 6:32 PM.
  • #2
    jonnyt16
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1749

    And lastly, just me holding the CZ....
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Comment

    • #3
      liberty08
      Senior Member
      • May 2008
      • 806

      Looks good. Hey.. how do you like your ride? I'm considering a Jeep for my next vehicle but I'm still not sure yet. Is the Sahara a lot better for long rides than the Wrangler?

      Comment

      • #4
        Maddog5150
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2006
        • 10526

        LOL. I thought this was going to be another sad calgun stalker thread.
        Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

        For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
        Note: I did not write the above article.

        Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          cudakidd
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 3354

          Hi Sahara...now about those stock wheels, tires and bumpers...surely Jonny would want you looking good?
          TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
          The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

          William Butler Yeats 1865-1939

          Comment

          • #6
            Retzius
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 1390

            Are the interiors on American cars still that bad?

            No wonder we can't give the damn things away.
            "Push the envelope - Watch it bend" - Lateralus

            Comment

            • #7
              i1800collect
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 1814

              Originally posted by Retzius
              Are the interiors on American cars still that bad?

              No wonder we can't give the damn things away.
              Well it is a Jeep...I wouldn't really expect plush leather and a plethora of electronic gadgets.

              Comment

              • #8
                johnny_22
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 2180

                Do you avoid school zones? Doesn't appear to be in a locked case.
                Please, join the NRA.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sam1
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2008
                  • 766

                  wouldn't that be considered loaded open carry and can you loaded open carry with a ccw?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jonnyt16
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 1749

                    Originally posted by liberty08
                    Looks good. Hey.. how do you like your ride? I'm considering a Jeep for my next vehicle but I'm still not sure yet. Is the Sahara a lot better for long rides than the Wrangler?
                    Not sure what you mean exactly...the Sahara is a Wrangler. Anyway, I absolutely love this thing. Three years later and its still a total blast to drive. Take the top off (and the doors if you wish) during the summer and you're good to go! These really don't feel like the Wranglers of old at all. They're as smooth as a regular SUV and there's virtually no wind noise--even with the canvas top. Best of all, they still kick @ss off-road! And having the extra room with the 4 doors is simply awesome. Go test drive one and you will fall in love as well.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jonnyt16
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 1749

                      Originally posted by Sam1
                      wouldn't that be considered loaded open carry and can you loaded open carry with a ccw?
                      If you have a CCW, you can carry your weapon in your vehicle loaded and it does not have to be in a locked case. I asked the Sheriff's Dept. about this to be sure and they said as long as it is not in plain view of other motorists it is okay. So, leaving it on the dashboard would be a no-no.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Gryff
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2006
                        • 12693

                        I hate to break it to you, but your car is a male. You can tell the females because they're the ones with square headlights.
                        My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Lone_Gunman
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 8396

                          Dammit. Not at all what I thought this thread was gonna be about.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Sajedene
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 1889

                            Nice. And I thought all cars are female?

                            Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Dr Rockso
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 3701

                              Originally posted by Sajedene
                              Nice. And I thought all cars are female?
                              My GF has some sort of proprietary method of determining which vehicles are males and which are females. I haven't cracked the code yet. The only thing about her schema that seems consistent is that all busses are fat girls.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1