Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just one criticism about Angeles Range.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    UserM4
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 1687

    Bring a little cable lock and lock your case/bag to the table outside? When I used to ride, I always used to lock my jacket and helmet to the bike with a long cable lock to deter the opportunistic thieves.
    Last edited by UserM4; 05-11-2010, 6:03 PM.
    While we're here arguing about the latest high tech running shoes, there's some Kenyan out there running barefoot. Guess who's gonna win the marathon?

    Comment

    • #17
      BillPear
      Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 386

      Originally posted by bigthaiboy
      Thank you. It's amazing how many people are too lazy read the OP, before answering. Must be alot of that A.D.D. going around, or something.

      The RO's at Angeles rifle range usually hang out at the end of the covered shooting area nearest to the office while the range is hot. On the pistol / .22 range, they also hang out under the covered part of the range nearest the office. I'm sure they won't mind if you left your guns with them, while you go in the office to sign in.
      I hear you it infuriates me when people don't read an entire post and overlook something germain to the question at hand

      Are you better off than you were four years ago?

      Comment

      • #18
        bigmike82
        Bit Pusher
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2008
        • 3876

        Or just do like thousands of other people before you and leave them on the table outside.
        -- 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

        Comment

        • #19
          Full Clip
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Dec 2006
          • 10266

          Originally posted by bigmike82
          Or just do like thousands of other people before you and leave them on the table outside.
          Tens of thousands.
          Has there ever been a reported or claimed theft?
          Remember: An armed society is a polite society.

          Comment

          • #20
            M47_Dragon
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 1263

            Originally posted by bigthaiboy

            The RO's at Angeles rifle range usually hang out at the end of the covered shooting area nearest to the office while the range is hot..
            This.

            Whenever I go there alone, I ask an RO if they can keep an eye on my gear while I run inside. They've always obliged.
            Originally posted by bigbob76
            I'm in the process of de-humping all my Glocks.

            Comment

            • #21
              ILVSMOG
              insert clever title here
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Sep 2009
              • 611

              It always makes me nervous to leave stuff on that table outside the office, but I've never had a problem with it in the 12-odd years I've been going there. Still bugs me though, every time.

              Comment

              • #22
                SPUTTER
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2009
                • 7504

                Actually I set my guns on the bench where I'm gonna shoot and go pay. Maybe Im too trustworthy but nothing has ever happened.

                Comment

                • #23
                  perpetual otter
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 5093

                  It's bad form to leave a firearm unattended....
                  I provide opinions...
                  At a rapid rate.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    jonni
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 597

                    yeah I get pretty nervous about leaving my rifles out there, especially when im alone

                    :/
                    WTB: Yugo 7.62x39, 22lr, Finnish M28/39

                    "I don't know we made brownies. And I think we're dead. Time is going by really really really really slow."

                    -Former cop, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ArinX
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 57

                      If im alone il leave the guns in the car, but usually have a buddy with me and have him keep watch.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        crackerman
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2009
                        • 2441

                        Let's all write a letter to Angeles...or bring a picket sign saying, "NO GUNS LEFT BEHIND!!!"
                        Its for the Children!!!!
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Turo
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2009
                          • 5066

                          Interesting, of all the places I'd feel uneasy leaving a firearm, at a gun range is definitely not one of them. Maybe it's just where I'm from, but any range there, I feel completely secure leaving my guns out in the open and I'm 100% positive that they will be there when I get back. That said, I didn't grow up in LA and I don't know the type of people that hang around ranges over there.

                          To the OP: I would see if you can find an employee and ask them to watch your stuff. I'm sure they would be more than happy to.
                          "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            audihenry
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 2909

                            It only takes one time. It always annoys me to have to do that, as well. Many times there are lines there and someone would just have to stroll by, pretend like its his, and calmly walk away with it.

                            No way in hell I'm risking that. It's easier with a car, less so with a bike.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Sajedene
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 1889

                              I call it the honor system.

                              Besides the security cams they have around, I would trust other shooters to respect my property.

                              Just like when I go snowboarding and trust that no one jacks my snowboard when I prop it up outside while I go grab a bite to eat or use the lil' girls room.

                              Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                PutTogether
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 2370

                                You would have to be a maniac to try and steal someone's gun at Angeles. I would (and do) just leave my pack outside.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1