Hey all, I've worked my best google-fu and searched for it here, but to no avail I haven't found what I am looking for. Does anybody know an accurate population number for gun owners in OC?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
OC gun population?
Collapse
X
-
OC gun population?
Tags: None -
No.
Literally - nobody actually knows.
As a general rule, about 35% of households have at least 1 gun.ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page
Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good! -
Given our proximity to the ocean - many of us have had tragic boating accidents.
that's probably why even mighty Google cannot find accurate info."Two dead?!? HOW?!?"
[sigh] "Bullets, mortar fire, heavy artillery salvos, terminal syphilis, bad luck --- the usual things, Captain."Comment
-
Well, if it's any help, I live in the hearth of the "southern OC bible belt" (Mission Viejo - home of the saddleback mega church) and I am the only person on my entire cul-de-sac of 15 homes who has any firearms.
And of all the people I know socially or professionally, only a minority have any firearms.Comment
-
-
Odd. Maybe they just are denying that they have any. My tract is very small, but of the dozen or so households that I know, I know at least 5-6 of them have guns, and I suspect more in that group have them. And I'm in a very, very safe area.Well, if it's any help, I live in the hearth of the "southern OC bible belt" (Mission Viejo - home of the saddleback mega church) and I am the only person on my entire cul-de-sac of 15 homes who has any firearms.
And of all the people I know socially or professionally, only a minority have any firearms.
And I know (of) many CGN'rs and CalCCW members very near by, so that adds to the OC numbers, nevermind my father in law, etc."Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt
sigpicNRA Benefactor MemberWould you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in SacComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,411
Posts: 25,147,508
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23430 users online. 38 members and 23392 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment