Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How many guns are DROS'ed a Day?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Synergy
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2008
    • 14303

    How many guns are DROS'ed a Day?

    Ones in the business please hold off on spoiling the fun.

    I was DROS'ing my CBOB and was told about this tid bit of info. So I ask you ladies and gentlemen make a guess on how many firearms are DROS'ed in the state of CA per day on average.
    88
    1-250
    0%
    1
    251-500
    0%
    4
    501-1000
    0%
    16
    1001-1500
    0%
    21
    1501-2000
    0%
    12
    2000+
    0%
    34
    sigpic
  • #2
    johnrunner89
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 953

    My guess is 2000+ and that includes new purchases and PPT's

    Comment

    • #3
      Napalm Bulldog
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 4266

      2kplus!

      Comment

      • #4
        DaveFJ80
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 2066

        When I PPT'd my G19 at 5:39pm on a Saturday, I was number 2441 for that day alone who filed a DROS.

        I would assume it's not that high on a normal weekday, except for Friday.

        Comment

        • #5
          RP1911
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2007
          • 5198

          on average it's probably around 1300-1350 not counting 2008-2009
          RP1911
          -----------
          NRA Life
          CGN

          Comment

          • #6
            jamesob
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 4821

            2-3k a day

            Comment

            • #7
              NorCalMama
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Nov 2009
              • 2970

              I said 251-500... when do we get to hear the answer?
              Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
              I'm not a big fan of VAG.
              Originally posted by M. Sage
              Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
              Originally posted by bruceflinch
              F the World Bank
              F the UN &
              F Obama


              Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!

              Comment

              • #8
                leelaw
                Junior Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 10445

                Remember that the number you heard is for the total number of DROSes, not the total number of firearms. There can be multiple longguns per single DROS.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BigDogatPlay
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 7362

                  At the height of the 2009 frenzy it was running into thousands of DROS per day. Now my guess would be 2K +
                  -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                  Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                  Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    PolishMike
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 6034

                    It got up to 1800 before I closed up today at 8. Normal weekdays are about 1200-1500, weekends I've seen get up to 2700
                    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 883

                      $$$

                      Ok, so all those DROS fees times X# of transactions per day = how much $$$ we Californians living in this bankrupt state are paying for????


                      Just how much good are we getting for all this money spent???


                      This is making a difference in the crime rate, how?


                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mike's Custom
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 872

                        I have been well over 4K and it was still before 5:30 pm.
                        "Gun control is not about guns, it is about control"

                        Mike's Custom Firearms 661-834-7836
                        http://mikescustomfirearms.com/

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          elrcastor
                          In Memoriam
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 963

                          If you look a copy of your dros print out the seccond part of your dros number starts at 1, and counts up so if it's 906 there were 905 droses done before yours

                          the highest number i have is 1762 @4:51pm
                          www.bumpfire.net

                          www.CAPRC.Com

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Synergy
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • May 2008
                            • 14303

                            As some here can attest, a minimum of 1500 a day!

                            Lets say most stores are open 6 days a week.
                            A conservative estimate...
                            1500 x 6 = 9000 DROS's per week.
                            9000 x 52 weeks = 468,000 firearms DROS'ed a year!

                            I wonder how many antis are aware of that number!
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CALI-gula
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 7221

                              How many guns are DROS'ed a Day?

                              Answer: Not enough.

                              .
                              ------------------------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1