Are Poly M14s more "rare" than SA M1? Reason i ask I see a ton more SA for sale and very few Poly M14 for sale. I try and find info on M14s and usually I pull up SA M1 tech articles etc
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
poly M14 vs SA M1
Collapse
X
-
I'm not an authority on this subject, but I believe the Polytech M14's are more rare because they stopped importing them after the Clinton gun ban. Therefore you can't get them new, only from a private party. I do believe they still import them into Canada though, or at least they did. -
I believe you are correct. Prior to the ban, I'd see more Poly's and Norinco's than Springfields or Smiths for sale at gun shows - no doubt becasue the of cost difference.I'm not an authority on this subject, but I believe the Polytech M14's are more rare because they stopped importing them after the Clinton gun ban. Therefore you can't get them new, only from a private party. I do believe they still import them into Canada though, or at least they did.The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.Comment
-
yup like the other guys said.. no longer being importedComment
-
I remember buying my Poly M14s with a synthetic camoflauge stock for $379.00. I had my FFL at the time, but gave it up once Clinton took office. Open sights, I have hit the 375 yd steel at SLOSA 15 out of my last 15 tries. Wish that I had bought a crate of them!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,540
Posts: 25,148,823
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18229 users online. 56 members and 18173 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment