Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Out of state gun shows

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rhbanjo
    Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 336

    Out of state gun shows

    Has anyone been to the gun shows in Las Vegas or Arizona? Is it worth the time and expense or do they have the same ol' "stuff" they would have at say the OC fairgrounds show? Not looking for primers or ammo but don't want to wade thru isles of squirt guns and bags.
  • #2
    Rule .308
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2531

    The Vegas shows are much like the Costa Mesa shows except they have high caps and unuetered semi autos, no OLL b.s. They do however have a very close ratio of Beanie Babies and beef jerky to real gun related stuff that the So. Cal shows do. The Arizona shows are typically a serious cut above the stuff we are used to attending in So. Cal. They have way more stuff, less Beanie Baby b.s., and typically they have a much nicer selection of C&R stuff. The C&R stuff is what I am typically there for. If you want to go to a really great show, go to the Crossroads of the West/SAR show that is held at the Arizona State Fairgrounds on the first weekend of December, one word, AWESOME! Allow yourself 2 days to do it, aside from being a huge show, it has the whole SAR building, Small Arms Review i.e. machine guns and other destructive devices. The comparisons that I make here are all between the various Cross Roads of the West shows.

    Comment

    • #3
      Greg-Dawg
      Banned
      • Oct 2006
      • 7793

      Yup. Went to a TX gun show and bought some high capacity mags, plus some pistols that are not on the Roster. Also, did I mention I'm now a TX resident?

      Comment

      • #4
        Carsgunsandchics
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 3537

        Iv'e been

        I've been to a show in Phoenix. And it was 98% gun related. The jerky guy was next to the concession trailers where he belonged. I didn't see any beanie babies in sight. Plenty of parts, and accessories etc.. Decent prices, and Miwall had 3 different sales locations at the show and they were all packed. This was in Jan/Feb of 09.
        Originally posted by fighterpilot562
        I am more of a sucker than a blower...

        Comment

        • #5
          rhbanjo
          Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 336

          Sounds like Phoenix is the place to go! I had a dealer in Las Vegas refuse to sell to me because I was from CA.

          Comment

          • #6
            IrishPirate
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2009
            • 6390

            Originally posted by rhbanjo
            Sounds like Phoenix is the place to go! I had a dealer in Las Vegas refuse to sell to me because I was from CA.
            had guys from Reno refuse to TALK to me because I'm from CA....
            sigpic
            Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
            People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

            Comment

            • #7
              SJgunguy24
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2008
              • 14849

              Originally posted by rhbanjo
              Sounds like Phoenix is the place to go! I had a dealer in Las Vegas refuse to sell to me because I was from CA.

              What did you try to buy? If it's a gun and you don't have an FFL then he doesn't need friends up the wazoo. If it's not a controlled item then he's a dick.
              There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
              The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
              The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
              The others, well......they just never learn.

              "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
              Patrick Henry.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1