Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Golden Gate Firearms in San Bruno

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tonyl
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 95

    Golden Gate Firearms in San Bruno

    Just drove by on El Camino Real in San Bruno and notice Golden Gate Firearms. The strangest part is they are partically across from Tabors.

    Of course I stopped the car, walk in to say hi. It is so shocking to see two gun shops in the same city, less across from each other.

    +1 for the city of San Bruno
  • #2
    WeekendWarrior
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 3536

    Review? What were they selling? Good selection? Decent pricing? Parts? Ammunition?

    What do they have?
    sigpic
    in the hands of
    OH MY!

    Comment

    • #3
      Ding126
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 4393

      Golden Gate was AKA Bridges in SF on Mission St
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        IsaacGlass
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2591

        Just mentioning High Bridge Firearms can kill a thread

        Comment

        • #5
          Ding126
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 4393

          Originally posted by IsaacGlass
          Just mentioning High Bridge Firearms can kill a thread
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            jchen76@gmail.com
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2004
            • 2092

            Stopped in there when they first opened last month. They fair variety of both used and new pistols, HK, Sigs, Springfield. Some common shotguns on wall with Mini-14 as their only semi-auto rifle. They didn't have a consignment counter yet. Carried AR OLL Lowers and accessories, but no complete AR rifles. At the time, they sold ammo by single boxes.

            Both stores have their place in San Bruno, in fact they have days open Tuesto Sat. I prefer to got Tabor's since he's a good gunsmith which Golden Gate doesn't have.

            Comment

            • #7
              tonyl
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2007
              • 95

              I like Tabor's w/ their consignment counter and conversations with Frank. Perhaps it is me but I dont like to buzz before entering, too much like a cage.

              They have couple RIA 1911 GI for 495, Glock in 500s. Similar to other B&M stores in te Bay Area.

              Comment

              • #8
                12:13
                Member
                • Dec 2006
                • 394

                Was in there the week after they opened. Had a few stripped OLL's, (if I remember correctly) a Ruger LCP for LEO purchase, Beretta, HK, Sigs, etc. They were still doing inventory when I was there. Been meaning to go back but work's been hectic.
                Hope for the best, expect the worse... Does that make me an optimistic pessimist?!

                Comment

                • #9
                  IsaacGlass
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2591

                  Originally posted by tonyl
                  I like Tabor's w/ their consignment counter and conversations with Frank. Perhaps it is me but I dont like to buzz before entering, too much like a cage.

                  They have couple RIA 1911 GI for 495, Glock in 500s. Similar to other B&M stores in te Bay Area.
                  Plus 1 for Frank & Dottie, they're always helpful and great to deal with. Plus I like watching him on Mythbusters
                  Last edited by IsaacGlass; 12-30-2009, 9:35 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gryff
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2006
                    • 12693

                    Originally posted by IsaacGlass
                    Just mentioning High Bridge Firearms can kill a thread
                    Why?
                    My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      doughboy334
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 2019

                      So thats it now huh? No more gunshops in SF now that Highbridge moved... Oh and you think by now someone would pick the name Golden Gate Firearms by now here in this area . I'll give it a looksie and see if I like what I see
                      sigpic

                      Originally posted by Jpach
                      Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        shooting4life
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 5770

                        I was in there today. I like used guns more than new and I thought the selection was lacking. They have some ar stuff which is nice but not much ammo. The prices were not too bad, better than tabors. I won't be going back any time soon and I live in San Bruno.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          biga816
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 33

                          Both my brother and his friend like that place. I haven't been in there yet (just learned their name a minute ago in fact). I wanted to look into their rifle selection but its too bad someone earlier said that they only had Mini 14's. I wanted to look into an SKS or Keltec SU16CA.

                          Gonna check em out this Saturday after New Years tho. Hopefully their inventory had increased.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            chickenfried
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 7160

                            They still have that routine at their new location? Screw that.

                            Originally posted by tonyl
                            Perhaps it is me but I dont like to buzz before entering, too much like a cage.
                            Originally posted by victor1echo
                            Hollywood is satan!!!!
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              thedrickel
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 5581

                              I live in South City and I've never been to Tabor's, I&S, or the new High Bridge/ GGFirearms. They don't sell anything that interests me, and I don't feel like going in just to look around and waste their time.
                              I hate people that are full of hate.

                              It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1