In my garand ,I have been shooting Igman 150 grain, but the price is going up. What do you non-reloaders shoot?. I know about greek and korean, but it is magnetic , and my range sayith NO!.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Where's affordable .30-06 non-magnetic ammo?
Collapse
X
-
Non-magnetic....
The Greek and Korean is non-magnetic. Better start taking the plunge on reloading.I won't be wronged
I won't be insulted
And I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.....John Wayne -
Greek HXP via the CMP is magnetic. The Greek made Olympic brand ammo is non-magnetic, but it is too hot for the Garand gas system.
Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
NRL22 Match Director at WEGC
https://www.ocabj.netComment
-
Define Affordable?
I see new manufacture 150gr FMJ 20/9.99 at many places. Sellier and Belliot or Wolf Gold may also suit your needs but I don't know about their magnetic status. They are a little less.
The CMP Greek that comes in clips already may not work for you as blasting ammo, but is still a great buy for storing. Better to get it now then later.
I'm in a similar boat, my primary rifles is 30-06 and due to kids+apartment, no reloading. So I buy the above mensioned ammo to maintain stocks.
RGBComment
-
Korean and Taiwan
I have heard of some people getting non-magnetic HXP or Lake City from CMP but every order I received was magnetic. Same with Korean PS from J&G. However there was and may still be some Korean KA around. Every round of that I got was non-magnetic. I also just got some Taiwan 30-06 from Century that comes on en-blocs in spam cans. 1970s ammo a bit cheaper than CMP and also non-magnetic. The downside is that both Korean KA and the Taiwan ammo are corrosive. The positive is that there is cheap non-magnetic ammo available that has a decent reputation for accuracy and reliability.Comment
-
Hi Gents
With due respect, not all Korean was / is magnetic or corrosive. I purchased several "ammo cans" each with 400rds (20rds in brown cardboard boxes) awhile back. Brand new Korean M2 Ball. I've shot about a hundred so far in several of my rifles. The ammo is not corrosive. All of it is headstamped "PS 75". One lot is marked "PS 2-189" & the other is marked "PS 2-147". The ammo cans themselves are labeled in Korean. I guess I got lucky. JMHO.Comment
-
Almost forgot to add. I pulled 4 boxes out of each can and used my magnet. Non of the ammo was magnetic. JMHO
Comment
-
Yea, I hear about 50-50 on the korean ammo being magnetic. I think I will get some ammo from century and try it out. What do use to clean the rifle after shooting corrosive ammo?, I have never dealt with it before. Someone once said windex cuz the amonia zaps the evil stuff that hold water, thus causing the rust/corrosion.You talking to me?Comment
-
I shoot the Olympic grrek ammo out of my 30-06 and I can tell you that I absolutely love the ammo. Im looking to start reloading 30-06 but I need to figure out how to actually reload ammo. For right now i jsut look around and pick up a box here and there. . I usually like to have abotu 500 rounds of 30-06. i have some 30-06 for deer hunting but I dont need many of those
RobComment
-
PS Korean ammo is non-corrosive but I've heard of bad lots KBing guns.
KA Korean ammo in clips is corrosive AND magnetic. It's what I shoot.
I kept all my brass to start rolling my own now for the same reason my range doesn't allow magnetic ammo.____________________________________
A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.Comment
-
I have some surplus... korean? I think?
After I got the news that my Rem 740/7400 jams too much, I'm thinking of selling about 500 rounds of the stuff. Especially since I'm liking 7.62 self loaders w/ detachable mags a WHOLE lot more... :-D
I'll have to take inventory and then decide what I'm going to do....~Jarrod~Comment
-
I shot some of the century tai ammo today at angeles in my M1. It was good stuff, but next time I need to clean the clips, they were a little waxy and tended to stick in the slots. For the price, I am buying another can or 2. Now, about that cleaning formula for corrosive ammo....any ideas?You talking to me?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,402
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 11627 users online. 37 members and 11590 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment