Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun Country in Burbank Open again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nemisis1400
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1270

    Gun Country in Burbank Open again

    Last week I was picking up a rifle in burbank and since I was in the area I decided to find out what the place that used to be gun country was turned into. I walk around the corner and see on the side of the wall "The gun store without the attitude", and figure that the new owners never got around to painting that over or that nobody bought the store yet. I get to the front and surprise surprise, its the same store and open to boot.

    Apparently, they had to shut down for a year for various issues and they told me that they just reopened this month. The stock is pretty much bare bones, but they do have ammo. So i went and got me some 7.62x39 and .22lr, gotta support the small businesses you know.

    Gun Country

    1313 W Magnolia Blvd
    Burbank, CA 91506

    Was the staff always filled with Filipinos? It's been a long time since I've been there.
  • #2
    audihenry
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 2909

    How much was the 7.62x39?

    Comment

    • #3
      zeekster
      Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 141

      I don't recall the Filipinos. Sounds like that's something new. Not that I mind. are their prices still a ridiculous rip off or are they semi-reasonable now?

      Comment

      • #4
        nemisis1400
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 1270

        7.62x39 was yugo range safe stuff for 20rds for $10. And as for prices, well its a gun store who's only competition is gun world, that in of itself gets my business.

        Comment

        • #5
          Greg-Dawg
          Banned
          • Oct 2006
          • 7793

          Originally posted by nemisis1400
          Was the staff always filled with Filipinos? It's been a long time since I've been there.
          Filipinos are taking over. Watch out for the lumpia! You can't eat just one.

          Comment

          • #6
            krazz
            Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 206

            I purchased no less than 5 firearms from those guys way back when, and I always thought that "the gun store without the attitude" was false advertising. They were dicks. Hopefully the new owners will be a little better at keeping up with their slogan.
            I don't like politicians.

            Comment

            • #7
              azndmd
              Member
              • Feb 2006
              • 196

              good to hear that it has re-opened. I had done several transactions there..always a nice group of people. I have yet to run into anyone who had worked there in the past that had any attitude towards me or other customers in the store at the times I was there.

              Comment

              • #8
                cannon
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2008
                • 8589

                Originally posted by nemisis1400
                7.62x39 was yugo range safe stuff for 20rds for $10. And as for prices, well its a gun store who's only competition is gun world, that in of itself gets my business.
                Don't forget King's in Glendale.

                Kings disclaimer:

                The owner Bob or Rob is a nice guy with no attitude. Don their gunsmith is a really pleasant guy but the bald headed fud central windbag... Talk to the owner or Don.
                ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                Comment

                • #9
                  Chatterbox
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 1243

                  I recently did a PPT at Gun Gallery in Glendale, and they were perfectly nice to me.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    sideshowhr
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 928

                    ^robert's a great guy to deal with. answers all your questions and doesn't act in a condescending manner to noobs like a lot of stuck-up gun shop owners/workers.

                    gonna have to give this gun country a visit.
                    Last edited by sideshowhr; 12-14-2009, 6:02 PM.
                    gimme back my bullets

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      audihenry
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 2909

                      Originally posted by nemisis1400
                      7.62x39 was yugo range safe stuff for 20rds for $10. And as for prices, well its a gun store who's only competition is gun world, that in of itself gets my business.
                      $.50 a round?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        munkeeboi
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2008
                        • 4997

                        anyone know their hours or phone number? I want to do a transfer over there


                        AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
                        iTrader Thread

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          djleisure
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 4734

                          This info was posted in another thread - I think they renamed themselves:

                          New Name:
                          AEGIS TRADING ENTERPRICES,LLC
                          Phone 818-972-9038

                          Not a hundred percent sure that's what they are called now, but it can't hurt to give the number a call!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1