Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone have any experience with ITTS firearms training school?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PutTogether
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 2370

    Anyone have any experience with ITTS firearms training school?

    I'm thinking of getting myself a Christmas present, and as much as I'd like to travel to Thunder Ranch, or Gunsite - I just don't have the time.

    I was curious if any of you have heard about, or had any experience with

    ITTS

    International Tactical offers elite firearms training for military, law enforcement, and civilians. Master your skills with expertise. Enroll today!
    sigpic
  • #2
    SJgunguy24
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2008
    • 14849

    I heard it's one of the best around peroid. If your not LEO and can get in your lucky from what i've heard. The dude who runs it is/was (retired IIRC) LAPD and runs a no BS class with real world lessons he has used to stay alive in real gun fights.
    Ichiro Nagata (sp) did a write up a few years ago and some of our SOF military guys take those classes as well.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
    The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
    The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
    The others, well......they just never learn.

    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
    Patrick Henry.

    Comment

    • #3
      lehn20
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 2355

      Scotty Reitz is the man.

      30 year LAPD SWAT veteran. ITTS is highly regarded in the training world. You wont be dissapointed.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mitch
        Mostly Harmless
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Mar 2008
        • 6580

        I've taken the combat shotgun course there a couple times, once with Scotty and once with Louie Awerbuck. Good course. I also send new employees there to familiarize themselves with the tactical shotgun.

        Just a warning about how to make the most of one of these courses. Mostly it's two days of various drills. They introduce a new drill, then run everyone through a few times, then go to the next drill. But the course doesn't seem that useful for a professional unless he continues to perform the drills in his own time. If after taking the shotgun course you kept practicing the drills from time to time, there would be nothing you couldn't do with a shotgun.

        Otherwise, it's just a fun weekend out and some lingering knowledge of why certain things are done the way they are done.
        Originally posted by cockedandglocked
        Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

        Comment

        • #5
          HCz
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 3295

          Took a few classes and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in further advancing his skills. You won't be disappointed.

          Comment

          • #6
            PressCheck
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1488

            Great place!
            Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

            I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW!

            Expect the Best, but prepare for the Worst.

            Comment

            • #7
              L-2
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 1335

              Great choice! I've taken courses from both Thunder Ranch & ITTS, teachers/schools. Both are top-notch, high-end operations. The courses I took were 3 day courses.
              Go to whichever you can afford, both time & money-wise.

              I've not gone to Gunsite but have learned/studied from some of its video training.
              (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

              Comment

              • #8
                1911su16b870
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Dec 2006
                • 7654

                Originally posted by lehn20
                Scotty Reitz is the man.

                30 year LAPD SWAT veteran. ITTS is highly regarded in the training world. You wont be dissapointed.
                +1 very well respected in the industry!
                "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                I instruct it if you shoot it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  randy
                  In Memoriam
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 4642

                  Great teacher great school. He's been there done that.
                  I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

                  When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1