Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Armed resident scares off home invaders

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Clayface
    Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 260

    Nothing says " get the hell out of my house" like an armed resident with a gun.
    What a great story and I would have loved to see their faces as their hearts dropped when they realized that they shouldn't have gotten out of bed that morning.

    Comment

    • #17
      lazuris
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 588

      I think the main issue is what were a bunch of thugs from Mo V doing in YL.

      Comment

      • #18
        lazuris
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 588

        I have a question.

        Say it turned into a shoot where the homeowner shoots and kills the perp. What happens to other guns or ammo he may have? Say the weapons are secured in a safe and are not used or accessed during the shoot. What would happen to this guys stuff?

        Comment

        • #19
          locosway
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2009
          • 11346

          Originally posted by lazuris
          I have a question.

          Say it turned into a shoot where the homeowner shoots and kills the perp. What happens to other guns or ammo he may have? Say the weapons are secured in a safe and are not used or accessed during the shoot. What would happen to this guys stuff?
          Short of a search warrant with cause to seize weapons, nothing.
          OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
          NRA Certified Instructor
          CA DOJ Certified Instructor
          Glock Certified Armorer

          Comment

          • #20
            Untamed1972
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2009
            • 17579

            Originally posted by locosway
            Short of a search warrant with cause to seize weapons, nothing.

            Although if the shooter is arrested pending the outcome of the investigation, since the arrest would be for homocide (a felony) I wouldn't put it past some PD's to say "We hafta to sieze any weapons found at the scene pending the outcome of the investigation and the DA's findings."
            "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

            Quote for the day:
            "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

            Comment

            • #21
              Nynvolt
              Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 297

              Originally posted by lazuris
              I think the main issue is what were a bunch of thugs from Mo V doing in YL.
              That's what I was wondering too. Maybe the pickings are just better here than in Moreno Valley or maybe the bad guys were familiar with the area and/or the resident.

              Comment

              • #22
                Untamed1972
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2009
                • 17579

                Originally posted by lazuris
                I think the main issue is what were a bunch of thugs from Mo V doing in YL.

                Why break into houses to rob people who don't have anything worth taking? You go to a nice neighborhood when you want to find some good stuff to steal.


                Not to mention they prolly know that in MV there is any number of chances of targeting some other bad dudes house by accident and gettin' all f'ed up by him and his homies.
                "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

                Quote for the day:
                "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

                Comment

                • #23
                  acolytes
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1914

                  Originally posted by Untamed1972
                  Why break into houses to rob people who don't have anything worth taking? You go to a nice neighborhood when you want to find some good stuff to steal.


                  Not to mention they prolly know that in MV there is any number of chances of targeting some other bad dudes house by accident and gettin' all f'ed up by him and his homies.
                  lol you are right! Chances are he will encounter some gangster with his homies side wielding glocks equipped with the Birdman Homeboy sights.
                  Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Lucky Scott
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2610

                    Wow, right down the street from my house.
                    In my situation, my wife will be armed and by my side as well.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Chatterbox
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 1243

                      I'm sure any hypothetical wife would be fine with reasoning "Honey, I was keeping you safe by barricading in the bedroom while they were raping you down the hall. You wouldn't want me to risk getting brained by a crowbar, would you?"
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Seesm
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7812

                        Good job on the homeowner protecting his stuff. (Family) Armed homes are happy homes. Armed citizens are SMART citizens.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          locosway
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 11346

                          Originally posted by Untamed1972
                          Although if the shooter is arrested pending the outcome of the investigation, since the arrest would be for homocide (a felony) I wouldn't put it past some PD's to say "We hafta to sieze any weapons found at the scene pending the outcome of the investigation and the DA's findings."
                          The DA would need to file homicide charges, unless there is a lot of evidence for the detective to just hook you up. Either way, their would need to be a search warrant and a weapons seizure order.
                          OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                          NRA Certified Instructor
                          CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                          Glock Certified Armorer

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1