Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good experience at Shady Oaks range in Austin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • therealnickb
    King- Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2011
    • 8957

    Good experience at Shady Oaks range in Austin

    Northwest Austin’s premier indoor gun range located in Cedar Park, Texas - the best facility and staff in the greater Austin area.


    While visiting our daughter in Austin, she and her boyfriend wanted to go shooting. Took them to Shady Oaks. Very nice folks and a well run operation imo.

    Both of them shot pretty well for first time handgunners. My daughter has shot clays before but her boyfriend hadn?t shot anything. It was a positive experience for them. Hopefully 2 new regular shooters in the world.

    Hey Texas guys. Can I gift one of my pistols to my daughter?
  • #2
    olddirtygerm
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 374

    Federally I believe interstate would have to be sent to a FFL. We do have a lot of FFL's that do cheap transfers in Texas. I paid $20 a few days ago.

    Comment

    • #3
      therealnickb
      King- Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2011
      • 8957

      Originally posted by olddirtygerm
      Federally I believe interstate would have to be sent to a FFL. We do have a lot of FFL's that do cheap transfers in Texas. I paid $20 a few days ago.
      Thanks. I would probably just bring one for her on our next visit. CA used to have a simple self reporting form for $19. I can certainly check the law, but I know we have quite a few regulars on here that live in TX.

      Comment

      • #4
        jayhuh
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 980

        Geez. For a second there I thought I left CA and was on some TX gun forum.

        Comment

        • #5
          olddirtygerm
          Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 374

          Originally posted by therealnickb
          Thanks. I would probably just bring one for her on our next visit. CA used to have a simple self reporting form for $19. I can certainly check the law, but I know we have quite a few regulars on here that live in TX.
          I imagine what most people do since we don't have firearm registration in TX is just bring the firearm and gift it, but that is in no way legal advice.
          Since moving here I have met up at some random places for PPT's. It's weird here when someone is selling a gun and insists on meeting up at a FFL.

          Comment

          • #6
            therealnickb
            King- Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2011
            • 8957

            Originally posted by olddirtygerm
            I imagine what most people do since we don't have firearm registration in TX is just bring the firearm and gift it, but that is in no way legal advice.
            Since moving here I have met up at some random places for PPT's. It's weird here when someone is selling a gun and insists on meeting up at a FFL.
            Cool. I?ll try to find the code.

            Comment

            • #7
              TrailerparkTrash
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 4249

              Originally posted by therealnickb
              https://www.shadyoaksgunrange.com/

              Hey Texas guys. Can I gift one of my pistols to my daughter?
              Yes you can. But if your yourself are not a legal resident of Texas, you must go through an FFL to transfer it to your daughter (in Texas). That’s a federal law. State to state requires FFL service.
              sigpic

              It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

              -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

              Comment

              • #8
                therealnickb
                King- Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2011
                • 8957

                Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash
                Yes you can. But if your yourself are not a legal resident of Texas, you must go through an FFL to transfer it to your daughter (in Texas). That?s a federal law. State to state requires FFL service.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1