Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FN is not very known despite its very advanced weapons

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • VeryCoolCat
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2006
    • 11275

    FN is not very known despite its very advanced weapons

    The first gun I've ever bought was an fn... and I'd have to say they've quickly become my preferred choice whenever I'm going to buy a new gun.

    FN made the Minimi aka M249... The P90... the Five-seveN... the F2000.... and now the SCAR



    I think I'd rather buy a PBR than a Rem 700
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
    Originally posted by ivanimal
    Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"
  • #2
    eckerph
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 1694

    That SCAR looks pretty cool especially the 7.62 I really like how easy it breaks down.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=764869 M1 ammo for sale

    Comment

    • #3
      CALI-gula
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2006
      • 7221

      One positive note is that FN is releasing a new .45ACP handgun, the FNH-USA, FNP-45 - a double action polymer framed gun, with some of the typical "combat" gun style ergonomic adjustable features, and ambi controls. The slide is stainless whether silver or blackened. Has an interesting grip base angle, and an exposed ring-hammer. Supposedly to be made here in the US.

      The problem with FN is they haven't marketed heavily here in the US in the past 10 years, except for their advertising of GP35/Hi-Powers, and lately the FN FiveseveN which they seem to be pushing hard.

      FN may also be limited exposure in rcent years, due to many of their guns being unavailable to civilians since the '94 Clinton ban, because of design. Now that that silliness is over, maybe we'll see a lot more FN products in the US.

      I also recall that their .50BMG sniper rifle is NOT avialable to the public and is LEO ONLY, even now.

      .
      ------------------------

      Comment

      • #4
        Chrism1438
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 11

        I have had the oppurtunity to handle and shoot the FN5.7 and it is awesome. Yes it is pricey, but if I could have only one firearm period it might be that pistol. Its like a ar15(mini rounds), Glock in its weight and best of all minimal recoil. Surprisingly little recoil I wouldnt even call it recoil. If you lived some where you can have the higher cap mags, thats 20 round of high velocity ammo in a pistol. Truely awesome.

        Comment

        • #5
          Turbinator
          Administrator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 11963

          FN is a great company, did you guys see the episode hosted by Kelly Purdue (of the Apprentice winning fame) where he tours the FN factory, showing how they make M16's for the military?

          Turby

          Comment

          • #6
            Alanski56
            Member
            • Oct 2006
            • 229

            [QUOTE FN is a great company, did you guys see the episode hosted by Kelly Purdue (of the Apprentice winning fame) where he tours the FN factory, showing how they make M16's for the military?

            Turby

            I did! It was awesome. Prior to that I had no idea that FN was involved in manufacturing M-16s for the military. Great episode!

            Comment

            • #7
              icormba
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1826

              "FN is not very known despite its very advanced weapons"

              odd, I always thought FN was one of the most famous gun makers in the world outside of the US? Heck, even John Mosses Browning worked with FN.
              Chris
              http://www.m1garand.net

              Comment

              • #8
                VeryCoolCat
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2006
                • 11275

                Originally posted by icormba
                "FN is not very known despite its very advanced weapons"

                odd, I always thought FN was one of the most famous gun makers in the world outside of the US? Heck, even John Mosses Browning worked with FN.
                Oh cmon... I've said ... oh I own an FN to plenty of people... and they always "Whats an FN????"

                HK, Colt, S&W, Sig, Glock, Remington, Winchester (well thats fn now though), enfield are known more around the world than FN.

                FNs have the coolest looking guns bar none

                P90s and F2000s are the coolest looking weapons I have ever seen.
                Originally posted by Kestryll
                The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
                Originally posted by ivanimal
                Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"

                Comment

                • #9
                  leelaw
                  Junior Member
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 10445



                  FN does make good looking, and performing firearms. I've been impressed with the quality of their work - just disassemble a 5-7 and you can see how clean everything is machined.

                  That said, I'd like them to expand into the CA market a little more..

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SemiAutoSam
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 9130

                    OK so your friends are a tad bit ignorant. But I'm sure you are up to the job of educating them.

                    Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
                    Oh cmon... I've said ... oh I own an FN to plenty of people... and they always "Whats an FN????"

                    HK, Colt, S&W, Sig, Glock, Remington, Winchester (well thats fn now though), enfield are known more around the world than FN.

                    FNs have the coolest looking guns bar none

                    P90s and F2000s are the coolest looking weapons I have ever seen.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      eckerph
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 1694

                      [QUOTE FN is a great company, did you guys see the episode hosted by Kelly Purdue (of the Apprentice winning fame) where he tours the FN factory, showing how they make M16's for the military?

                      Turby

                      I did! It was awesome. Prior to that I had no idea that FN was involved in manufacturing M-16s for the military. Great episode!
                      That show was awsome.
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=764869 M1 ammo for sale

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MrTenX
                        In Memoriam
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 418

                        I worked at FN Manufacturing Inc., in Columbia, SC from 1991-1997.
                        Started out in the machine shop cranking out parts. After 6 months managed to get into M16 assembly, assembling M16A2 barrels to the receiver. Rate was 10 an hour - 100 per day. Their were four of us doing that when at full production (1st shift).
                        Later moved onto M240 assembly and after about a year was running the M-240 breech bolt line doing final machining and assembly of the M-240 bolt.
                        When no work in my dept. could usually find work in M249 assembly or the range.
                        I fired for function and accuracy most of the Browning BDM pistols FN was contracted to manufacture for Browning.
                        The drill was 10 rds (5 CCI Blazer/5 Win. Silver Tip) for function and 4 rds for accuracy. The first rd. for the accuracy check was shot into the berm and the remaining 3 shot for record. Group had to be centered and 3 inches or less at 50 ft from my hand.
                        I could do 100 guns in a 10 hr shift. 100 x 14= 1400 rds. However, I usually shot a lot more than that for re-fires and questionable guns.
                        Had an assistant loading magazines, checking targets and swapping out front sights if a particular pistol was shooting high or low.
                        It was an interesting time but, 7 years of production work was enough for me.
                        What my computer can't handle, my rifle does nicely.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          icormba
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 1826

                          Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
                          Oh cmon... I've said ... oh I own an FN to plenty of people... and they always "Whats an FN????"

                          HK, Colt, S&W, Sig, Glock, Remington, Winchester (well thats fn now though), enfield are known more around the world than FN.

                          FNs have the coolest looking guns bar none

                          P90s and F2000s are the coolest looking weapons I have ever seen.

                          I was just messing with ya! None of my friend's knew what Fabrique Nationale was either until I mentioned Browning, Hi Power, FAL

                          You are right... they really are not known by Name as well as some of the others to the casual gun owning community.

                          FN actually ended up making many parts for the BIG name guys over in Europe in the past 100 years... Mauser, Enfield, Walther, and so on.
                          Chris
                          http://www.m1garand.net

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            whatever
                            Member
                            • Sep 2002
                            • 281

                            Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
                            The first gun I've ever bought was an fn... and I'd have to say they've quickly become my preferred choice whenever I'm going to buy a new gun.

                            FN made the Minimi aka M249... The P90... the Five-seveN... the F2000.... and now the SCAR



                            I think I'd rather buy a PBR than a Rem 700
                            Have you told us yet which FN firearm you own (owned?)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1